LJ78 2L-TE Fuel Flow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, happy holidays!

I'm curious if anyone knows what the macimum gross fuel flow rate for the 2L-TE?

I've installed a 2-micron Racor 220R with a maximum flow rate of 30gph. I've noticed my truck getting sluggish, and I'm curious if this flow rate is insufficient.

I know some injection pumps return more than others, any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

The lower the microns the harder it is for the fuel to flow. Also it will catch a lot of particles... So your filter might be filling up with gunk. Also lower temps cause the fuel to be thicker and also fine filter media will slow it down and starve the pump.
You can fit an electric inline pump to pre charge the the injector pump and force the fuel thru the filter media.....
Not sure what the factory micron size is....
I know the newer fuel systems dont like getting gunk thru but the older ones like ours are less fussy.

I've installed a 2-micron Racor 220R with a maximum flow rate of 30gph

Toyota talks in litres. The other engines are all around 54 litres an hour or 900cc a minute (maximum) of which 2/3 or more are returned to the tank or filter depending on what model it is. Im guessing the flow rate is based upon how much fuel the feed pump can pull through, size of fuel lines ect. IMO, 2 micron is way too much overkill. Most landcruisers live long useful lives on the stock micron size.

Toyota talks in litres. The other engines are all around 54 litres an hour or 900cc a minute (maximum) of which 2/3 or more are returned to the tank or filter depending on what model it is. Im guessing the flow rate is based upon how much fuel the feed pump can pull through, size of fuel lines ect. IMO, 2 micron is way too much overkill. Most landcruisers live long useful lives on the stock micron size.

Thank you both for your notes. I'm going to go to 10 micron element and check the injection pump supply pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom