Light bar in factory bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to share a couple of pics of the Baja Designs S8 30" I just mounted in the front bumper. The reinforcement bar behind the plastic bumper provided a very good location to bolt in some heavy duty L brackets and then attach the mounting brackets that came with the light. I bought the wiring harness specifically for the S8 which has the extra push button for the amber running lights. I mounted the switches on the left side. The camera doesn't really do it justice when the main lights are on, but they are like stadium lights. Absolutely no way could you drive with them on they are so bright even during the day. Plus the Baja Designs uses a softer 5000 kelvin color (less white) light which is really easy on the eyes. Rigid is around 5700-5900 kelvin, which is too white in my opinion. The BD's are extremely well built and the size matched almost perfectly with the opening in the front. My front bumper paint was all flaking off (from previous owner paint job) so before I got it redone I did the cutting.View attachment 1433303View attachment 1433304View attachment 1433305View attachment 1433306

That bar looks great. Which bar did you go with and did you happen to get a good deal anywhere? Any night time photos?

I got the light bar at Alligatir Performance. I wanted the older model stealth bar 30" that had the logo in the middle. I ordered the stealth and they contacted me that it wasn't available. So I got the S8 for about $200 off retail. They also had a tax return special promo going on so it was a really great price.

The pic below is the before it was actually mounted and the bumper redone. It's impossible to take a pic at any angle with the main light on. I may try to take a driving pic when it gets dark to show the difference between the headlights.
IMG_0575.JPG

Call me crazy, but I've never seen another 100 series WITHOUT factory fog lights. Yours seems to have factory blanks there too.

Anyone else seen such a thing?

Same here, fog light delete filers, cool....

I also love the amber running lights in the lit bar! That is a great use of someone's mind right there.

Can I ask if you have cloth seats?

Makes me wonder...

You know I actually like the blank offs too. The PO had some front end damage and replaced the bumper. I'm sure it was aftermarket cheap one just to sell the truck. Cost a bunch of money to redo it and the reinforcement bar, but worth it. No on the cloth, it's a US version.
Have to get the kid to bed so couldn't get any great night pics but here are some

Factory lows (piaa xtreme white)
IMG_0691.JPG

Factory highs (piaa night tech)
IMG_0693.JPG

Baja design S8 with lights off other than daytime running light (wish I could turn that off)
IMG_0694.JPG

Very cool! I did a cheap-o amazon chinese light. I like it but your single row looks pretty awesome.

IMG_3147.JPG

RotorHead04, That looks really good. Good fit on the height. How's the light output? Did you have to mount a bracket to the reinforcement bar?

The only thing I'm thinking of doing after the install is either paint the stainless hardware black so it's not as noticeable. Or maybe a small side filler plate. The gap on each side is only like 1.5" and the Allen wrench for the security hardware barely fits to tighten them. I looked for lights for months before finally deciding on the Baja Design S8, but I'm happy with my choice.

I wonder how many people are looking for fog light blank offs right now??

The light output is a good supplement to the high beams, but nothing blinding. I built two small L mounts that mount the light to the core support. The light is slightly wedged in the bumper cover and rests on top of the steel bumper reinforcement. It doesn't shake or anything going down the road. If I remember correctly mine is a 22" wide bar. I have had a state trooper tell he likes the light bar, but that I need to reinstall the front plate.

Nice, the overall of the bar I have is about 33". I did see one thread where someone mounted two small ones (probably 8-10" wide each) similar to yours on each side of the license plate holder. Fortunately in Florida we don't need front plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom