Lifted FJ62- I need a lower step, not a slider... Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, yes, I know White-Knuckle rock sliders, I've seen the posts. Due to the lift, I can barely slide onto the driver's seat at 5'9". I have a short wife and kids. I need some sort of lower bar/step as a step to get up into the truck. My FJ62 is my daily driver and will not be rock climbing. I've scoured the internet looking for one for a FJ62--tons of bars, running boards, etc, but very few are set up for a 60-series Cruiser. Toyota is currently putting a nice bar with a couple of lower steps on Tacomas and 4Runners- Nice but would take a lot of work to weld/install. Anyone know of a true lower step bar for 60-series? Thanks in advance!

i believe @TRAIL TAILOR made a cool set a few years ago. maybe reach out to jason and see if he can custom fab something for you. had a slider with a step bar below that had some neat grip welded to the surface

It's been a couple years since we has a request for these. But here they are to see.

Jason

2016-01-18_19-15-49.jpg

SAM_0322.JPG

image.jpeg

If you’re in Raleigh, Moonshine Fab in Durham can make you whatever you want @GLTHFJ60

Perfect timing on this post. Just got a suspension upgrade on my wife's daily driver 62 and she asked about running boards. I was just looking at the ARB Protection Step but then saw a thread on 'Mud saying the brackets don't play nice with brake lines on the frame and I'm too lazy to go out and crawl out and look tonight. Curious if anyone has experience with these recently - threads were a few years old - and whether that was addressed. Jason and other's sliders are just awesome but just a little overkill for the DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom