lift/alignment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how much changes can I expect the rear alignment change when lifting 2.5"? Is everyone that has 2.5-3" lift running all the arms, Rear LCA, UCA, panhard etc?

2" lift, OEM everything

Reactions: r2m
You will need a full alignment.
AND if you're adding significantly larger tires, have the shop move your caster moved forward to avoid rubbing on your rear inner fenders and body mount (assuming you've already done the BMC).

Eimkeith panhard correction bracket is highly recommended to make the panhard bar parallel again. Otherwise you would feel the rear end wiggle quite a bit more.

Reactions: r2m
Got 3” of lift a little more. PCK but no change to the arms, but I’m scheming on that now. The aftermarket arms I believe are still the same length but usually have offset bushings on one end and are adjustable. Also will need new bumps.
I think I’m going to take the plunge, been looking at the Sonoran steel long travel rear set up…

Most alignment shops do not even know what a rear alignment looks like on a solid axle aside from the panhard and centering the axle. There is a consideration for pinion angle if you go up quite a bit. Rear arms adjust this for the lift and PCKs not only center but also flatten the panhard for better manners and road feel.

Personally the rear arms need to be upgraded ASAP if you plan to wheel because they literally can't take one hit on a rock without folding like a wet paper towel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom