LFD Offroad - GX 460 Front Hybrid Bumper 2010-2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lexusgxor.com

DSC_4527.jpg

DSC_4529.jpg
DSC_4530.jpg

DSC_4543.jpg

DSC_4541.jpg

Hmmmm. It’s ... ok? Needs light mounts and a spot to mount at least a custom spot for a license plate for us poor saps living in dumb states that require front plates.

It's not bad. They are going to be releasing a GX460 full roof rack soon as well. My friend runs one on her 4Runner, it's a nice rack.

LFD got the contours/looks right on this! Victory’s version just looks like a metal slab thrown on without any effort.

Nice design, but it's not a bumper in the traditional sense, no beating or banging on that, nothing but plastic damage in that category

Nice design, but it's not a bumper in the traditional sense, no beating or banging on that, nothing but plastic damage in that category
That's the appealing part. Some of us don't want 200 lbs of bumper on the front of our vehicles. This provides the basics: winch mount and recovery points.

That's the appealing part. Some of us don't want 200 lbs of bumper on the front of our vehicles. This provides the basics: winch mount and recovery points.

I suppose so. It works. The Dobinsons is only about 150, and most are that much or less I think.

I've posted pics of the damage from a deer strike with Ironman bumper on my 460

This would offer very little protection from an animal strike of any kind

Although some may consider it useful as mentioned...

Full bar/bumper for me

I don't have to worry about animal strikes where I live and where I off-road. Besides, I drive cars too (and a motorhome on occasion) and never worried about animal strikes in those either. Nice to have options, don't you agree?

Reactions: r2m
Agree with Mena661, just not a lot of stupid animals that jump out in front of you here in California.
Now, about humans.... That's a different story, there are stupid ones here and some will jump out in front of you.

Here was a elk hit by a semi near me a few weeks back. I think that is horn in the windshield

dd50d0bd-b0f2-419b-86a8-2126698d292d-large16x9_CourtesyJohnBryantWSPTrooper2.jfif
0f283828-9a16-47c6-b35e-fd2e897bc2cd-medium16x9_CourtesyJohnBryantWSPTrooper.jfif

You can always add recovery points without having a aftermarket bumper or hybrid. I got some mounted on my frame close to the factory points. If I'm going through the trouble of cutting portions of my front bumper or stripping it off altogether might as well go with full protection. You have to worry about animals no matter where you live. Just might not as prominent in some areas or others...

20200430_202938.jpg

20200505_162927.jpg

Where I live in Utah.....resident deer & migrating winter elk can be problems

Much of Hwy 10 has been built with a west side 8' high fencing....with east side cross overs

This keeps the migrating winter elk on the west side of the hwy...usually....

U-Dot has built this wildlife bridge over I 80 near Park City...you may have seen it in UR travels

Where I live in Utah.....resident deer & migrating winter elk can be problems

Much of Hwy 10 has been built with a west side 8' high fencing....with east side cross overs

This keeps the migrating winter elk on the west side of the hwy...usually....

U-Dot has built this wildlife bridge over I 80 near Park City...you may have seen it in UR travels

Nice. We have something similar in a town near us and they went from 300-400 animal strikes per year, on this particular several mile stretch, down to something like 4-5 per year. Ugly....but damn effective.

I think it looks nice for the style of bumper it is. But at $850, I’d just buy a full Australian bumper. The appeal of this style is functionality at a lower price. Not sure what this brings to the table over a $200 winch tray mounted behind the factory bumper cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom