LFD Off-Road 460 cross bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well these aren't exactly what I had hoped for but there's finally a t-slot ruggedized crossbar option for the factory side rails. I was hoping that LFD would debut a full flat rack for the 460 like they have for the 470 but they offered these crossbars to use with the factory side rails instead. I was hoping for something a little more low profile and aesthetically pleasing but I am sure these will work for some. At $109 a cross bar that's not a bad price but I think I am going to pass myself.

that’s still a better option, functionality wise versus the factory crossbar that sits a lot lower to the roof. i’m one of the few that bought the oem bars at $200 for the pair.

I agree that they could be a little more low profile (and if they provided black bolts/washers, etc. to match the rails it would blend in a bit better), but it is nice to have another (ruggedized) option for the GX460. Thanks for posting this!

Excellent, I would like to know the capacity with several of them for a RTT.

Definite no for me. @Tex68w , you decide on what you are going with for the rack?

I ordered a Frontrunner then cancelled it. I love the durability and user interface of their rack but I think they look like a Ping Pong table sitting atop the roof. I hate how high they sit above the roof line. I am waiting to see what LFD comes out with for a full replacement flat rack, otherwise I'll likely go with a Victory or the Rhino with the Backbone system.

I ordered a Frontrunner then cancelled it. I love the durability and user interface of their rack but I think they look like a Ping Pong table sitting atop the roof. I hate how high they sit above the roof line. I am waiting to see what LFD comes out with for a full replacement flat rack, otherwise I'll likely go with a Victory or the Rhino with the Backbone system.
SSO? Sherpa?

SSO? Sherpa?

I was hoping to pick up a buddies two month old SSO before he traded in his 2020 GX460 (short lived, it's his MO) but I wasn't quick enough. I wouldn't order one direct because their CS is garbage, I found that out back in my 5th Gen days and I honestly don't care for all of the odd holes on the side rails but I would have lived with it for the killer price he would have given me. I had high hopes for the Sherpa, I was hounding them from day one about making one for the 460 but the angle of their wind fairing is off, it doesn't follow the line of the windshield and I don't like that.

I know what you're thinking, I am far too picky, well yea, anal retentive probably sums it up haha. If I am dropping $1K+ on something I'll use sparingly I damn well better like the look of it. Victory is very similar to both Sherpa and SSO and cost less than both and has better lines and less fussy side rails, IMHO.

I was hoping to pick up a buddies two month old SSO before he traded in his 2020 GX460 (short lived, it's his MO) but I wasn't quick enough. I wouldn't order one direct because their CS is garbage, I found that out back in my 5th Gen days and I honestly don't care for all of the odd holes on the side rails but I would have lived with it for the killer price he would have given me. I had high hopes for the Sherpa, I was hounding them from day one about making one for the 460 but the angle of their wind fairing is off, it doesn't follow the line of the windshield and I don't like that.

I know what you're thinking, I am far too picky, well yea, anal retentive probably sums it up haha. If I am dropping $1K+ on something I'll use sparingly I damn well better like the look of it. Victory is very similar to both Sherpa and SSO and cost less than both and has better lines and less fussy side rails, IMHO.
We are made of the same cloth...definitely not too picky. It’s called detail oriented. Thanks for the insight.

I I had high hopes for the Sherpa, I was hounding them from day one about making one for the 460 but the angle of their wind fairing is off, it doesn't follow the line of the windshield and I don't like that.

This.... I couldn’t put my finger on it, but now that you pointed it out... that’s the same issue I had after seeing the Sherpa pictures.

looks like everyone is doing the aluminum low profile look and rust prevention. I’ve always liked the look of gobi but not their business practices. Even Bajarack has those flat racks but neither of them make anything for the GX460.

I love the durability and user interface of their rack but I think they look like a Ping Pong table sitting atop the roof.

Love the Front Runner, but now I can't unsee this. Still considering based on all the Front Runner accessories. But I'm definitely looking at other options.

Isn't the 165# total load rating for the side rails the biggest problem ?

Isn't the 165# total load rating for the side rails the biggest problem ?

Seems like it to me. I don't see how adding additional crossbars would increase the load rating, because they're ultimately all sitting on the side rails.

Well these aren't exactly what I had hoped for but there's finally a t-slot ruggedized crossbar option for the factory side rails. I was hoping that LFD would debut a full flat rack for the 460 like they have for the 470 but they offered these crossbars to use with the factory side rails instead. I was hoping for something a little more low profile and aesthetically pleasing but I am sure these will work for some. At $109 a cross bar that's not a bad price but I think I am going to pass myself.

Would have been interested in these had I known about them, but am not regretting the rhino rack purchase. Noticed the hybrid winch bumper for the gx470 - they need to start making those for the 460. I like the idea of a winch with a stock bumper

Would have been interested in these had I known about them, but am not regretting the rhino rack purchase. Noticed the hybrid winch bumper for the gx470 - they need to start making those for the 460. I like the idea of a winch with a stock bumper

I think the crossbars just came out last week. I agree that these companies need to ramp up 460 accessories and put the 470 on the back burner for a bit, no bias or anything lol.

It looks like we have another option when it comes to roof racks. Black Alum with 7 black rails is running $900. Seems like a good deal, no?

Not a bad price but that side rail is too busy for me and it looks very rudimentary, just my 2 cents.

That side rail is busy, sometimes less is more. Plus the manufacturing costs could be reduced.

It looks like we have another option when it comes to roof racks. Black Alum with 7 black rails is running $900. Seems like a good deal, no?

I ordered the steel rails with black crossbars $769 shipped, I'll update when I receive them...might grab teo more crossrails as well.

Nice having another option, but it kind of looks like a few other offerings available. I'd like to see something truly different, not just in style but functionality, e.g. pre-wired for a light bar and/or proximity lights, maybe cut-outs for such lights, cleats for easy tie-downs and???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom