Lexus Wallet Key on a 2016 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrCWineMan

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tinsheets.com
I want to get a Lexus wallet key for my 2016 LC.

I've spent some time digging around to see if this is a doable thing, I had the impression that it was.

But come to order one from Toyota and my local dealer says that they can not program keys (I mean really? It's just tech stream) so I called the local Lexus dealer and they are saying that they don't think it'll work but they'll let me try, maybe....

Anyone with first hand experience on a 2016 or thereabouts?

I know they work on Tacomas. I'd imagine they would work on a 200...

Did anyone try this? My wife just got an LX and I NEED this for my 200!

Did anyone try this? My wife just got an LX and I NEED this for my 200!

After the local dealers (Toyota and Lexus) swearing that it probably won’t work, and that I have to buy the key either way for $300 or something like that, I dropped the idea.

After the local dealers (Toyota and Lexus) swearing that it probably won’t work, and that I have to buy the key either way for $300 or something like that, I dropped the idea.

I guess I could have them program hers to work with mine and then we will know. I'll try it at the first service interval.

This is a cool feature that I would look at doing.

I’d love to get the answer to this one as well. My ‘11 uses a 14AAB and the ‘16 uses 14FBA. From what I have read it sounds like the Lexus wallet key with 14CBB is compatible with the 14FBA but I’d love to confirm and curious if it is also compatible with 14AAB. There are a number of people that have been able to make it work on Tacoma’s and Highlander’s.

I have 0 relationship at the Lexus dealer here. I’ll try in 5k miles but that will be 6 months at least. Anyone with a good dealer relationship should be able to get them to try it with a key card in stock I hope.

Denso Corporation FCC ID Applications (HYQ)

Ok guys I think this will help. The able link is the FCC website for all of the registered Denso remotes. This give you a ton of details on the various remotes including internal pictures, frequencies of each, etc.

I have an interest in this as well, as I have a '17 and the selling dealer only gave me one key. Serious eye roll.

Working Lexus SmartKey (the wallet key) in my 15 XLE Highlander - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

It looks like it was doable, and programmable from Techstream. The only issue now is that I don't have a computer that can run TS... Apple only in this household.

At first glance this looks awesome - I can just grab my wallet and go. But from a practical standpoint, doesn't this effectively mean I need to also get a smart lock for my home? The key ring cards that I use to scan for security, the gym, etc also will have to be carried separately? Now I'm just carrying keys, but not digging them out? Slippery slope of tech requires more tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom