Lexus LX470 OEM Running Boards LED Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,
I am looking for LED running boards lights. I believe the running boards lights have 2 bulbs on each end of the running board that provide the strip like light. Is this correct?

Anyway, where can I find these replacements lights/ bulbs from? I can't anything listed on eBay or the likes.

Thanks in advance.

The running boards are lighted by 2 tube lights in centre of white colour on each side.

Guys,
I am looking for LED running boards lights. I believe the running boards lights have 2 bulbs on each end of the running board that provide the strip like light. Is this correct?

Anyway, where can I find these replacements lights/ bulbs from? I can't anything listed on eBay or the likes.

Thanks in advance.
They're a Lexus item...see/call your dealer. Be sitting down.;)

Steve

The bulb is #891. It's pretty common to find in an autoparts store like NAPA. Would be best to replace with LED's all around. The bulbs are a bit tough to get at because you need to remove some of the runningboard...

It is located in the black connector near the wheel well (for front side).

You can pick the bulbs up at an auto parts store. There are two bulbs per side. They are fairly easy to replace <5 minutes. I used a cordless drill to expedite removing the plastic cover that goes over the bulbs to protect them. Once you remove the cover, just pull the old bulb out and replace.

once sliders are on has anyone used these bulbs to give light under the vehicle?? just wondering if the lights are already there why not use them?

I haven't done it yet (cause I don't yet have sliders), but that is what I am wanting to do as well. Have the plugs and wires down there...why not use them?

The bulb is #891. It's pretty common to find in an autoparts store like NAPA. Would be best to replace with LED's all around. The bulbs are a bit tough to get at because you need to remove some of the runningboard...

It is located in the black connector near the wheel well (for front side).

Bulbs are in here I assume? How is the best way to get to them without disassembling the whole running board?

Also, does the same bulb, light up the spot/puddle lights as well?
20121015_175026.jpg
20121015_175149.jpg
20121015_175219.jpg

Bulbs are in here I assume? How is the best way to get to them without disassembling the whole running board?

Figure out a way to shrink your hands...get a kid to do it, or remove the running boards and add some step sliders.

Does anybody know if the LC is wired for RB lights? It would be nice adding a little extra light for when I walk up to it, I'm tired of stepping in homeless people trash.

Pulled off my running boards today. Seemed like the easiest way to access everything. Once I opened up the housing (as I pictured above) there is the #891 bulb with a reflector plate. It shines the light into the tubes on top of the running board as well as providing the light for the spot/puddle lights beneath. Mine unfortunately had some water build up in 3 out of the 4 housings. I'm going to buy new bulbs tonight, and clean/re-install everything tomorrow. Hopefully I can seal them up a little better than before.

when you guys refer to puddle lights, what are you referring to? i know this may be a lexus item, but i wonder (excuse me if its been asked before but i haven't seen it here in nearly 2 years) if it would be advantageous to install under vehicle lighting to illuminate trail hazards/rocks etc when off roading at night? with just the headlights or spots on, you can see the trail ahead but seldom right in front of your tire to climb over, or in front of your rear/underneath when driving over obstacles. your night vision is buggered if you're looking ahead down the trail and then try to stick your head out the window to look down to place tires on/over obstacles.

these seems like it would be a cool addition to assist in tire placement on trails.. oh and it may help as ground lighting when using your truck as camping base instead of light shining from top of vehicle i.e. roof rack mount facing down which also screws up your night vision.

just thoughts for you all.

Well, I found out on the LX that the puddle lights are pretty much worthless. You can see my pic above. Its the 3rd pic. They're mounted under the running board to assist you when entering/exiting to make sure you don't step in an unseen puddle. . The lights use a fiber optic type of tubing to take light from the bulb in the housing (pictured above) and transfer light to the ground. Same housing supplies light to the running board lights and the puddle lights. I took the fiber optic tube and held it up the the LED on my phone and it transferred a good amount of light. I was actually kind of surprised. But, it's not really going to make a HUGE difference. The tubes for the running board let me down. They really didn't carry any of the light.

After seeing that, I decided I wasn't even going to try to fix the running board lights. I thought of just removing the fiber optic tubes and replace them with LED strips mounted in the same location. There is already the connectors there for the perfect installation, but I really don't see the need to have them.

For the trail guys. You could possibly tap into the connection and mount some fog lights tucked up and away for tire spotting

the jeep crowd (and i believe some 8o series guys) have used a produce from http://www.offroadonly.com/ that is packaged as 6 led lights with full wiring harnesses to be mounted under their rig.. and switched on the dash. i can't find the original add, as they don't show it on their website. i just pulled it from a jeep forum (traitor, i know.. but i like to laugh at the breakdowns and unreliability). most of the customers just phone the main line and ask for it.. pretty cheap; from memory about 129 for 6 lights.

great advantage when trail riding and you need to see what your tires are doing.

Layed down and took at look at the wife's last night. Seems they all have 2 screws and will come off very easily. I will check it out this weekend and report back. I want to pull it down and see how much room I have. The LED's i'm finding for 821's look huge and I'm worried about it fitting in the housing.

Layed down and took at look at the wife's last night. Seems they all have 2 screws and will come off very easily. I will check it out this weekend and report back. I want to pull it down and see how much room I have. The LED's i'm finding for 821's look huge and I'm worried about it fitting in the housing.

Hi, any luck finding a fitting LED replacement for the running board #891 (G4) bulbs? Thanks in advance.

I've been using a sylvania led size 194 for the past 2 yrs. no issues and way brighter than the original bulb.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435408653.241948.jpg

You'll need 4 bulbs total for all the puddle lights. I also use this bulb for the license plate lights.

Last edited:
I've been using a sylvania led size 194 for the past 2 yrs. no issues and way brighter than the original bulb. View attachment 1098980

You'll need 4 bulbs total for all the puddle lights. I also use bulb for the license plate lights.
Thx. I have already used a pair of the above Sylvania 168/194/2825 LEDs for the front side marker lights when the old bulbs died.
So, are you saying these will also fit in the running board lights housing with the wires straightened out (likely) for the G4 base?
Any other tweaks needed? I'm asking because I'm not at home at the moment and would like to have the LEDs waiting when I get there.

Thx. I have already used a pair of the above Sylvania 168/194/2825 LEDs for the front side marker lights when the old bulbs died.
So, are you saying these will also fit in the running board lights housing with the wires straightened out (likely) for the G4 base?
Any other tweaks needed? I'm asking because I'm not at home at the moment and would like to have the LEDs waiting when I get there.

Oops. I quoted the wrong post. I edited my above post so no one else gets confused.

I meant that the 194s will fit the 4 puddle downward bulbs. I don't know what type of bulb will fit the G4 base as I haven't changed those out yet.

My bad as well. I misread bdac's post as well as maxse01's wrt the '05 LX470 puddle lights. Yet, my question remains:
Has anyone had any luck finding a fitting LED replacement for the running board #891 (G4 base) bulbs? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom