Let's talk lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. My initial read was that it didn’t work in reverse. From a marketing standpoint, I’d wonder how many others are confused by that.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. My initial read was that it didn’t work in reverse. From a marketing standpoint, I’d wonder how many others are confused by that.
As mentioned, I wrote the original text and thought it was "good enough" and adequate for the need, but we (I) need to do better. As much as we love MUD and the other forums, we built YotaLockers.com to provide a rich and complete repository for Harrop Eaton ELockerTM information, content and commentary. Our goal isn't just to sell products, but also to reduce chances of an unhappy customer who didn't fully understand what he/she bought.

As in most things, this is a "team sport" with valuable contributions by our customers, partners and informed commentators such as @Cruiserdrew and many others. Complete, clear and consistent communications are our goal - thanks to all for your contributions. We will continue to improve with your help.

I was actually encouging him to go the route of the Harrop, but he wants the air locker. Main reason for him is cost. He can get the ARB and pump for pretty close to the same cost as the Harrop, and gets him oba at the same time. If he went the e-locker route he'd still need to drop some coin on a power tank.

At the end of the day it's his truck and his call. I would without a doubt go Harrop, and when I get around to doing a front locker I'll be going that direction.

If he goes the ARB route and wants OBA, then I would highly encourage him to upgrade to the ARB dual compressor or better yet an Extremraire compressor. The small and medium ARB compressors are designed to run lockers. If you use either of them to air up tires, not only will you be disappointed in the amount of time it takes, but you'll also overhear the compressor and dramatically shorten its life expectancy.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

If he goes the ARB route and wants OBA, then I would highly encourage him to upgrade to the ARB dual compressor or better yet an Extremraire compressor. The small and medium ARB compressors are designed to run lockers. If you use either of them to air up tires, not only will you be disappointed in the amount of time it takes, but you'll also overhear the compressor and dramatically shorten its life expectancy.

Georg knows what he is talking about....

He was planning on using the ARB dual compressor but I'd love more info on the extremeaire compressor. Does it work with the ARB locker or would that be used in addition to the ARB one?

Whenever we set up an OBA system we use the Extremraire compressors in conjunction with an OBA tank.
We use a 115 psi pressure switch so you can run the ARBs off the system.
Some people use a higher psi pressure switch and then a reducer for the ARBs.

any source of pressurized gas can power "air" lockers, A electric compressor, a york engine powered compressor makes a ton of air. If I had room I would have one. Heck Ive even read about guys using their powertanks and CO2 more food for thought.

BTW air leaks make for a annoying electric compressor even the little leaks!

any source of pressurized gas can power "air" lockers, A electric compressor, a york engine powered compressor makes a ton of air. If I had room I would have one. Heck Ive even read about guys using their powertanks and CO2 more food for thought.

BTW air leaks make for a annoying electric compressor even the little leaks!
True - Steve and the PowerTank crew have helped a number of air lockers with their CO2 systems. My partners and I all have PT systems for tools and tires......but not air lockers :)

Power Tank - ARB LOCKER PARTS ARB Connection Kit - Powertank.com

@wardharris @orangefj45

Thanks for the help. My buddy got his locker last Friday, and dropped the truck off today. I got a late start, but should have it wrapped up tomorrow.

IMG_7575.JPG

IMG_7578.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

Where is your shop located? Or are you doing this on the side?

I have a Harrop sitting in the box on my office floor awaiting installation into the front end of my bj74.

Where is your shop located? Or are you doing this on the side?

I have a Harrop sitting in the box on my office floor awaiting installation into the front end of my bj74.

Shop is located in west Chester. The link for the shop is in my sig. I don't do them on the side. If you'd like shoot me a pm and I could get you a quote if you are interested.

Wrapped it up today and have a happy customer who I'm sure is eager to get on the trails again to test it out.

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7582.JPG

IMG_7591.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom