Leather plunger for accelerator pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
Getting ready to rebuild my Aisan and ordered a kit based on reccomendations here. I see in my search that I should toss the plunger in the kit and get a leather one. Where can I source this part? I'm picking up a fresh can of berrymans while I'm off-island tomorrow, as all I can find here is some watered down no fumes stuff. Thanks.

The leather plunger also comes in the Napa rebuild kits, plus all the gaskets, o- rings, check balls, clips, etc. But no jets... the keyster kits have some though.

If you run non-ethanol the non-leather pumps are sufficient.

I got this from City Racer and his site is temporarily down for the moment, so I can't check if I ordered the wrong one.

What's up with the longer version?

After I got it apart I see that the original one is in pretty good shape, and the whole rest of everything runs like cr*p at the moment, so it's not an emergency.

1688767759902.png

Edit: Answering my own question. I have a later 2f with an earlier carb. I ordered the plunger from a later carb, '79-'87:

1688769071549.png

The one I need (right) is: 21353-60201

The one I ordered/received (left) is: 21353-61020

Last edited:
I got this from City Racer and his site is temporarily down for the moment, so I can't check if I ordered the wrong one.

So, I suggested he not take down the whole site when he's unavailable, but just disable the add-to-cart button. It took him about 30 min. ;) Best service evah.

I have a Rochester 2bbl on my 72FJ40. Back in 90's the accelerator pump quit working - the leather cup was sort of bonded to the case. I pried it loose and saturated it with some Army issue Neat foot's oil. She was last run about 2010. I treated the fuel with Stabil every year or so. 3 weeks ago I pumped the somewhat nasty gas out. Put some marvels mystery oil in the jugs and let it soak for a day. Ran the starter until it built oil pressure. I installed new fuel, filed the points and it lit right. Yes the accelerator pump works - need to do something with the worn Delco distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom