Leaking power steering pump- can I leave it empty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Removed the belts, cleaned them and the pulleys and retensioned. All quiet on this front now. Thanks!

I used these plugs instead of the end caps from Jim. I was too impatient!

The larger one took some sanding to get it to fit into the air cleaner assembly but a drill and piece of sand paper made short work of it.
IMG_6233_zpsxoxyvef2.jpg

IMG_6234_zpspx1vtkoj.jpg

IMG_6251_zpsoqyqlfvo.jpg

And finally I saw the most beautiful 60 I've ever seen today. In Venice, CA. I live right down the street so I hope somebody recognizes it- I'd love to meet the owner. Should have left a note.

IMG_6231_zps8kx5p1ef.jpg

Call me crazy but gutting the smog pump seems to have almost entirely stopped the truck from dieseling after it's turned off, and also seems to have gotten rid of a flat spot in the power band around 2k RPM. I've been driving it everyday and those two issues are suddenly gone. They were not intermittent issues- the flat spot was always there and it nearly always dieseled. I already ordered a new Trollhole carb assuming that's what was needed but maybe not!

Just curious, but since the above pic looks like Abbott Kinney, which is in Venice, CA, which is in Kaliforniastan .... You got some secret way to pass smog ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom