LCLC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes the inexplicable bird poop is explicable...

67A21770-6CCD-4800-9028-83FCC8F7D0B0.jpeg
CFF330E4-B4F9-4787-9B62-1E8E6DEDAB57.jpeg

I bought 2 of them but I'm only going to use 1. Maybe we can do some horse trading?

Let me check with dmv first, then we'll talk

I would be down for some fire wood. I live in Longpoint subdivision if that matters. Thanks. My phone number is (843)291-1833. Leave a message and I will call you right back.

Peter

Yeah, they still rub, I've got 35/12.50 on 10" wheels

Got a pretty decent deal on a 2.5" lift kit for the 45. Now to get @girraffe and @ErikinSC over to crank some wrenches! Need to rebuild the axles as well, so this may take a bit...

@CharlestonG8R , make sure you take it out and FLEX it a lot before you start.
The bushings WILL seize to the springs and bolts.
Find a ditch or a dirt mound and run through/over it multiple times.
You will thank me later...ask me how I know.

@CharlestonG8R , make sure you take it out and FLEX it a lot before you start.
The bushings WILL seize to the springs and bolts.
Find a ditch or a dirt mound and run through/over it multiple times.
You will thank me later...ask me how I know.
Without the luxury of a lift, this kit is going to take me a few months to install :) And thanks for the advice! I still don't envision the 45 heading out to the trails, but I wouldn't want the bushings seizing up. They got chewed up in the 40 and that was the culprit of my steering issues prior to the power steering upgrade.

Without the luxury of a lift, this kit is going to take me a few months to install :) And thanks for the advice! I still don't envision the 45 heading out to the trails, but I wouldn't want the bushings seizing up. They got chewed up in the 40 and that was the culprit of my steering issues prior to the power steering upgrade.

ATF + Acetone. Spray all bolts a week in advance, and then again a second time.

B3C6DB4D-994A-4EBF-91D0-E7D2EA5F3E10.jpeg

I know a guy with a lift if you want to knock out half at a time. Otherwise, a couple of jack stands and a few hours and it works.

EA1FD3C9-4CC4-45EC-B700-F082984AF0B3.jpeg

looking for local help as to what to do with my 1988 FJ62, it has a blown motor and i can no longer afford to fix it up. please email if you can help. could be a great deal for someone. need to recoup as much as i can but understand all sides.
thanks
wwgoodale@yahoo.com

ATF+Acetone; is that 50:50? I’ve got ATF, need to source some Acetone... Will need to try it on @girraffe ’s exhaust manifold.

You can mix it 50:50... but i just mixed it 1:1. I'm sure I have some acetone here at the house. Be leery of the dollar store squirt bottles, the capillary action is real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom