LCLC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just here to say: :flipoff2: to frame rivets. Spent 7.5 hours (although there was a trip to Lowes in there) yesterday grinding, cutting, drilling, and pounding to get some out (16, approximately) in order to put in a new bumper. Had to tap out at 9:30 last night with two left to go - hoping to finish up this afternoon.

the torch is your friend.
I have a friend with an oxy/aceteline(sp?) set for sale...(cheap) if anyone is interested.

the torch is your friend.
I have a friend with an oxy/aceteline(sp?) set for sale...(cheap) if anyone is interested.

Yeah, would have made the job a lot easier. We were working without heat and without an air hammer/chisel. Took about 3 hours to finish up tonight, but I've go the bumper on. Will get to the swing outs when I have some more time.

full

Dang, man. Cruiser started puking coolant this morning when I stopped for gas. Never ran hot and it appeared to be coming out of the bottom of the radiator from what little I could see. Topped it off and limped to McIntosh Imports to have them check it out - never ran hot so I'm hoping whatever the damage is will be isolated to a hose or connection.

When I tried to top it off before moving to the shop, I poured some coolant into the mouth of the radiator, but it seemed to just fill up that neck area and then it took a long time to drain into the radiator - why would it do that?

I ended up filling up the reservoir (which had dripped to empty while sitting in the parking lot at work) and driving it to the shop - temp gauge went no further than just past half way at any point today.

Dang, man. Cruiser started puking coolant this morning when I stopped for gas. Never ran hot and it appeared to be coming out of the bottom of the radiator from what little I could see. Topped it off and limped to McIntosh Imports to have them check it out - never ran hot so I'm hoping whatever the damage is will be isolated to a hose or connection.

When I tried to top it off before moving to the shop, I poured some coolant into the mouth of the radiator, but it seemed to just fill up that neck area and then it took a long time to drain into the radiator - why would it do that?

I ended up filling up the reservoir (which had dripped to empty while sitting in the parking lot at work) and driving it to the shop - temp gauge went no further than just past half way at any point today.

Busted radiator drain plug, womp womp. Waiting for the estimate...

if it ends up needing a radiator, you can get a new aluminum one online for around $200.00

And @TailsWCU @dbenke and I know how to swap one - even with an ARB bumper in the way

Last edited:
If only I has the time to extract that knowledge from you. Flying back to SC tomorrow, but heading to NY on Tuesday and I want to take the rig to he driving class I'm doing on 6/27 so unfortunately I'm going to have to pay for the fix.

Kyle, You may want to look into 1-800-Radiator. I had Sears put one in (from 1800) and 3 years later it started leaking. They sent me a brand new one which we put in yesterday. Great experience with them. Just my .02

@dbenke @TailsWCU @ErikinSC @Teddy did any of yall happen to pick up an XXL shirt from our room in GSMTR? My shirt never made it home... Figured it wouldn't fit any of yall anyhow... I don't need it back, especially if you're using it to polish your wife's car... But I am wondering where the dang thing went!

Not me. I wear a 2x, but I only picked mine up. It is now ruined and covered in ATF.

I'll check tomorrow and let you know, but I don't think so.

Will check but I have 2 and neither are XXL

Radiator is fine; just a busted drain plug. Picking it up today. Not happy about paying for a relatively simple repair, but I'm so short on time these days that I wanted the truck fixed asap as I'm going to the 4wd-101 course at the Uwharrie Training Center and really wanted to take the LC (Could have taken my Nissan truck since it's 4x4, but what fun is that!).

Cruiser-central at McIntosh this afternoon; carded a guy name Matthew who say's he active on Mud. He had a great looking FJ62 coming off a fresh motor replacement.

Terry and another guy looking under the hood of a 62 in the parking lot - didn't want to interrupt them so I didn't pass them a card. A silver (?) 62 in his parking area, and a 80 series with 35s or 37s and a big LED light bar / GOBI rack pulled in as I was leaving.

When are you going...you still need a front recovery point

@dbenke @TailsWCU @ErikinSC @Teddy did any of yall happen to pick up an XXL shirt from our room in GSMTR? My shirt never made it home... Figured it wouldn't fit any of yall anyhow... I don't need it back, especially if you're using it to polish your wife's car... But I am wondering where the dang thing went!

Neg, just an XL.... and it its snug.

Update from @Trollhole on my 40... Power Steering parts are on order and we are on track to have the ugly thing back in Charleston on 7/11! Will be ready to pal around town with Erik again!

Are you coming up to the parts swap to pick it up?

I only have an xl also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom