Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the past, has there been a place where people couple park to sleep (inside or RTT) or pitch a tent?
There's usually some sort of dispersed FCFS national forest camping within a reasonable drive of the event. In a pinch some of the guys have been great about doubling up vehicles and tents and sharing a camping spot.

It's normally possible to get a campground or a VRBO/AirBnB somewhere within a reasonable driving distance (15-20 minutes) of the location as well. I know in the past one of the things Cody and Cole would look for (aside from a good variety of trail difficulties) is a place that could easily support 100 trucks showing up with enough lodging as well as things for non-wheeling family members to do during the day.

We'll be there again!

Whenever we go to Ouray, we camp at Ridgeway reservoir. My kids love it up there. Swim beach, SUP, hiking, mountain biking in the area, plenty of stuff to keep them busy.

When does the thing open up? When I click the link it says sold out but only has information for the 2021 event.

When does the thing open up? When I click the link it says sold out but only has information for the 2021 event.
It'll be soon -- nothing other than the dates have been announced yet. We're queueing up a website update, email, and something to post here as well. We know folks need some clarity to make their summer plans. It won't be much longer.

It'll be soon -- nothing other than the dates have been announced yet. We're queueing up a website update, email, and something to post here as well. We know folks need some clarity to make their summer plans. It won't be much longer.
Thanks a million! I cannot even sign up for the emails. Or I am goig to the wwrong place to do so.

Going to try to make it out there? We can get ourselves a DFW caravan organized!
If I can get a ticket I will. If we get a dallas caravan we should rent us a house. Some of the guys did that a couple years during the FJ Summit. It was fun.

If I can get a ticket I will. If we get a dallas caravan we should rent us a house. Some of the guys did that a couple years during the FJ Summit. It was fun.

I'd maybe be up for that if y'all accept a former Plano/Frisco resident who now lives south of Houston lol. Gotta see if we can all get registered first haha. Last year I was late by hours and still didn't get called up on the wait list either.

Last edited:
I'd be in 100%; will be watching my e-mail like a hawk to try to sign up
Sent you a text. Looking for your email address.

I'd maybe be up for that if y'all accept a former Plano/Frisco resident who now lives south of Houston lol. Gotta see if we can all get registered first haha. Last year I was late by hours and still didn't get called up on the wait list either.
Let's all notify each other as soon as we get the email. I started a group text. If we ant a 4th, I can see if Glenn would want to follow along. He showed up in suite when we were putting the Trekboxx in my truck.

Looks like FJ Summit is no longer happening. Hard to tell what the factors (besides covid) drove the decision, but hopefully LCDC is still good to go! I know we are looking forward to it!

1644969334175.png

Whoa, that's a tough call for the FJ Summit folks. We've been lucky the last couple years since we're a smaller event and attendees have done an excellent job adhering to local regulations.

LCDC 8 is definitely on. I think we'll be able to announce the location and some more details this week.

Good news about less trail traffic and registration going out possibly this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom