Lc200 hatch flush mount light (Kc cyclone) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey first off I wanted to start off by saying hi as I’ve been on this forum many times but havnt posted anything as of yet. Bassically long story short I have a lot of knowledge with cad and 3d printing and everything to do with manufacturing so I’ve started to come up with little solutions to anything and everything. Bassically I made a 200 series hatch light bracket that flush mounts a Kc cyclone v2. There’s a switch that will be mounted in the center of the light but I’m still waiting on that to be delivered to test fit. Let me know what you think or if anyone is interested.

B762835B-7424-4F01-BC56-6ACA7A136BB1.jpeg

5F1DB797-E807-4884-8EAB-B38B94875F4E.jpeg

I have the V2 Cyclones under the hood, they are a good light. How do you plan to run the switch in the center and use that space for the mounting hardware as well?

I have the V2 Cyclones under the hood, they are a good light. How do you plan to run the switch in the center and use that space for the mounting hardware as well?
Yup, switch will mount the light as well, the hole on the light will need to be enlarged though, switch should be here today so I’ll see how it all works out, worst case I’ll have a separate switch to the side of the light. And yes those cyclones are great lights

How did you mount them under the hood? Did you buy the hood light kit that kc now offers?

How did you mount them under the hood? Did you buy the hood light kit that kc now offers?

Yes, I used the under hood light kit. Look midway down the page.

switches were just delivered, the holes on the cyclones will need to be drilled out to 12mm but other than that they work great,they mount recessed in the light so anything loose in the trunk won’t accident turn them on unless you’re very unlucky 😂. I’ll post more once it’s fully installed.

Edit: and the switch has a backlight which can be wired to be always on winch it’s kinda hidden or to come on with the light

Last edited:
Hey first off I wanted to start off by saying hi as I’ve been on this forum many times but havnt posted anything as of yet. Bassically long story short I have a lot of knowledge with cad and 3d printing and everything to do with manufacturing so I’ve started to come up with little solutions to anything and everything. Bassically I made a 200 series hatch light bracket that flush mounts a Kc cyclone v2. There’s a switch that will be mounted in the center of the light but I’m still waiting on that to be delivered to test fit. Let me know what you think or if anyone is interested.

View attachment 3220143

View attachment 3220144

Looks great. I am interested.

To the extent you are feeling extra ambitious on the 3D printing side, a cool product for 200 series LC and LX that I think could sell a lot would be a dummy panel for the rear fog lenses whereby you could mount an LED lense similar to below:

B8CD11DE-15FA-4B99-A664-64E38D0C37F4.jpeg

Looks great. I am interested.

To the extent you are feeling extra ambitious on the 3D printing side, a cool product for 200 series LC and LX that I think could sell a lot would be a dummy panel for the rear fog lenses whereby you could mount an LED lense similar to below:

View attachment 3220528
Yes that is only my list of things to make, I would need to have a dummy light on hand to measure off of and prototype so if anyone is willing to let me borrow theirs and in return I’ll get them a drop in insert at the cost of shipping, I currently only have a 4th gen 4Runner so I’m working on a few things for that in the meantime

One feature I was gonna try to find out as a way to make quick magnet connect amber red filters to allow for the user to pick what color light they want for different situations.

Red for night eyes or emergency

Amber to avoid bugs

White just for typical use

One other thingI haven’t messed with it a dimmer switch. I heard if you dim the LED enough it turns into a strobe. So I was gonna wire a dimmer switch to use in an emergency hazard type situation.

One feature I was gonna try to find out as a way to make quick magnet connect amber red filters to allow for the user to pick what color light they want for different situations.

Red for night eyes or emergency

Amber to avoid bugs

White just for typical use

One other thingI haven’t messed with it a dimmer switch. I heard if you dim the LED enough it turns into a strobe. So I was gonna wire a dimmer switch to use in an emergency hazard type situation.
Yeah different color light would be cool but personally I think I would run a red lens light at all times and the dimmer is a good idea but I don’t think it’s possible to have enough space with a cyclone, I plan on making a similar insert for the baja designs dome light. Also I originally was gonna do dual lights by replacing the speaker grills but once I got the cyclone I realized it’s more light from one than anyone would ever need, only reason to run two is to just get better light angle if you have drawer slider for example to have light right above each drawer instead on light coming from the center, but imo I don’t think it’s worth running two lights but if enough people want it I figure out a way to do two lights

My plan is to mount my dimmer switch to the rear pillar. Just have to find a reasonable place to Mount. Want it low enough that my kids can switch it on and off if needed.

My plan is to mount my dimmer switch to the rear pillar. Just have to find a reasonable place to Mount. Want it low enough that my kids can switch it on and off if needed.
Hmm That’s a good idea remote mounting the switch, complicates the wiring a little bit would be worth it, I’ll look into it tomorrow morning once I get to work

Yes that is only my list of things to make, I would need to have a dummy light on hand to measure off of and prototype so if anyone is willing to let me borrow theirs and in return I’ll get them a drop in insert at the cost of shipping, I currently only have a 4th gen 4Runner so I’m working on a few things for that in the meantime
Keep in mind there are multiple versions of the lens in this position. At least two on different years of the land cruisers, and if I remember correctly separate part numbers on the Lexus side (not sure they are different, but having a different part number makes me think it is likely).

Hmm That’s a good idea remote mounting the switch, complicates the wiring a little bit would be worth it, I’ll look into it tomorrow morning once I get to work
This type of light would be great to replace the light bar I have velcroed to the hatch. I would not want a remote switch because I don’t want to take apart panels and trim to install. A switch in the light with no dimmer is ok with me. Is always on power available there to tap into and how do you do that?

This type of light would be great to replace the light bar I have velcroed to the hatch. I would not want a remote switch because I don’t want to take apart panels and trim to install. A switch in the light with no dimmer is ok with me. Is always on power available there to tap into and how do you do that?
Always on power isn't available in the hatch in land cruisers prior to the remote opening hatch. At least that I could ever find...

Always on power isn't available in the hatch in land cruisers prior to the remote opening hatch. At least that I could ever find...
Yes the 200 series I’m working with doesn’t have power lift hatch I ended up tapping into the rearmost cargo light but if I was to do it again I would run dedicated power from an accessory fuse box because the amount of wire you have to work with when you pull the rearmost cargo light isn’t much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom