LC Key Fob Programming and Transponder chip que (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I lost one of my 2 original keys for my 2000 LC. So I ordered one from Aliexpress that looks like the original with built in unlock/lock/panic buttons shown below. I managed to get the key cut for free at Lowes. If I hold old key with the new key it does start the car. So at least it is cut properly.

1673408963682.png

My problem is I am using Techstream to program the key but it is not working. I am wondering if I am even on the right track. I go into techstream and go into the immobilizer section.. and hit Utility and get the following screen. I do NOT see key registration. But I did see the Transponder Code Registration. Which might look like a new key so I tried that but I was not successful in getting the new key registered to the car. I tried multiple times but no go. Am I even on the right track?

1673409156576.png

So I now am thinking maybe my transponder key is incorrect. So I open up my new key and take out the transponder chip. But this chip did not have any markings on it saying its a 4C chip. Is there any way to if the chip is correct? Also is the frequency the key operation good as well?

I lost one of my 2 original keys for my 2000 LC. So I ordered one from Aliexpress that looks like the original with built in unlock/lock/panic buttons shown below. I managed to get the key cut for free at Lowes. If I hold old key with the new key it does start the car. So at least it is cut properly.

View attachment 3216057

My problem is I am using Techstream to program the key but it is not working. I am wondering if I am even on the right track. I go into techstream and go into the immobilizer section.. and hit Utility and get the following screen. I do NOT see key registration. But I did see the Transponder Code Registration. Which might look like a new key so I tried that but I was not successful in getting the new key registered to the car. I tried multiple times but no go. Am I even on the right track?

View attachment 3216061

So I now am thinking maybe my transponder key is incorrect. So I open up my new key and take out the transponder chip. But this chip did not have any markings on it saying its a 4C chip. Is there any way to if the chip is correct? Also is the frequency the key operation good as well?
When you installed techstream, did you choose europe or north america during installation?
There are some options that are not avilable in when you choose Europe during installation.

When you installed techstream, did you choose europe or north america during installation?
There are some options that are not avilable in when you choose Europe during installation.

@Kamran Khan I am using the Virtual Machine IOS that was given to us.. so I didn't really need to install Techstream.. just run the ios.. I not sure what version of Techstream it was. But I will check again.. cause you might have a point.. thanks for the direction..

@Kamran Khan I am using the Virtual Machine IOS that was given to us.. so I didn't really need to install Techstream.. just run the ios.. I not sure what version of Techstream it was. But I will check again.. cause you might have a point.. thanks for the direction..
The cable firmware version will determine if you are capable of writing to the ECU. V1.X generally cannot. V2.X generally can. If your cable is a V1.X type then I bet that's your problem. I ran into this with my 06 and getting a proper V2.X cable solved the key writing as well as the TPMS writing.

@BnvS did you solve this? I'm a step behind you (need to purchase replacement keys), also in ATL

Same thing happened to me with an aliexpress key a month ago. Took it to a locksmith down the street and he "read" the chip. I ordered a 4C and they sent me a 6D. Got a refund and ordered from Ebay.
IMG_20230224_091914376~2.jpg

@BnvS did you solve this? I'm a step behind you (need to purchase replacement keys), also in ATL
@cs455 no buddy I suspect my chip was wrong. I'll have to order 4c chip I guess.

Btw which year is your LC? Cause I think the year of our LC/LX matters.

I use the genuine mongoose cable with a legit techstream copy normally. At home I use legit techstream copy with a cheap amazon cable.

As far as the cheap cables go- If you cannot perform a health check then you will most likely not be able to program a key. Try performing a health check first. You can usually change settings in the utility section though.

You might also simply have the wrong transponder key.

@cs455 no buddy I suspect my chip was wrong. I'll have to order 4c chip I guess.

Btw which year is your LC? Cause I think the year of our LC/LX matters.
2001 LC

For anyone else trying to solve this, wanted to share my success for my 2001 LC

Ordered these keys from Amazon, and followed the transponder directions from this site. However, the video from that site is of a Lexus GS, and found this YouTube video worked perfectly for the Key Fob.

The hardest part was finding someone to cut the keys. my local Home Depot tried and said it was the wrong key, local Ace Hardware wouldn't touch an outside key, and finally found a guy at Lowe's who would cut two for a $10 tip.

Huge thank you to all on this site. What I originally thought would be a $250+ problem, turned out to be $55 and some lengthy instructions.

Same thing happened to me with an aliexpress key a month ago. Took it to a locksmith down the street and he "read" the chip. I ordered a 4C and they sent me a 6D. Got a refund and ordered from Ebay. View attachment 3260348
I am using TechStream Ver 18.008 and I am a newbie. The software successfully connected to my 2023 Toyota Corolla. Please help me to get to "Utility" to program a spare key. I don't see the tab immobilizer as previous version.
Thanh You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom