Late Jan/Early Feb Wheelin' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is the Wednesday forecast gonna scare anyone off? Looking at couple different weather predictions they range 60-90% chance of rain Wed evening and night with less than .10" of rain so that's pretty minimal. Then winds gusting Wed night and Thursday anywhere from 10 to 20 MPH so that should dry things out pretty well I'd think.

weather.png.jpg

Last edited:
About the best you can expect this time of year. I checked NWS and they are guessing clear Thursday-Sunday afternoon. I am good to go.

I ain't scared - I've put too much effort into the truck the last week to not get out on the trails. In for sure +1 and I'll bring some firewood. I'm hoping to sneak through Chattanooga before traffic gets bad.

Sam and I are planning on getting out of Dacula around 2 pm...

Is that ok if I ride in an open seat? Got stuck pretty bad yesterday and have some maintenance to be done. Also don't know jack about the technical side of wheelin'.

082410FC-1A96-4071-9CE5-D041C95CE1FD.JPG

231C1C52-E26E-4082-B552-C80E7585F9B0.JPG

Last time I was through that area...cracker-barrel / interstate....where you get off the interstate and then turn back to the left to go to AOP...anyway....they had the interstate backed up for miles....assume construction, so don't know if thats cleared up or not..."local town is called Kimble" I think. Andy R might know... Just thought I would let you guys know...of course if you're local you know more than I do as to current stuff...was about 2-3 weeks ago, but I know nothing on the interstate gets finished quickly.

@TeddyBoy, I'm about 99% sure that my boys and I will be coming down on Saturday. Possibly roll in late on Friday to camp.

The plan for me is to get out of Calhoun by 11 anyone think they may want to meet up and caravan to AOP?

Cool, looking like a great crowd b/w the TN and Ga crew. I'm hoping to get out of here around 11 or 12 which puts me in Resacca around 1:30 at the latest but all depends on work. I have a project going that I swear is being run by a 4 year old and they keep changing things.

Ben if you want and depding on my schedule we can caravan along with John and Randy.

Cool, looking like a great crowd b/w the TN and Ga crew. I'm hoping to get out of here around 11 or 12 which puts me in Resacca around 1:30 at the latest but all depends on work. I have a project going that I swear is being run by a 4 year old and they keep changing things.

Ben if you want and depding on my schedule we can caravan along with John and Randy.

I'm afraid if I don't maintain my departure time something at work will suck me back into the mayhem,
after all it'll be fly apart Friday. Is there any preference where base camp gets set up? Around the same place along that
tree line like last year.

I hear that, don't wait!!! We usually camp on the right hand side of the pavilion which puts us near the bathrooms. Roger also has RV spot #1 so you can always crash there as well.

couldn't help yourself could ya. :slap:

I'm having a work issue this morning, don't know for sure yet but looking like my departure plans for 12 have gone up in smoke. Update later.

Last edited:
Ted, I PM'd ya! Hoping to make it up there bright and early tomorrow, riding up with a buddy who has two 80-series, both are down though, and my truck is down until next week. - Think we will be able to make it into the campgrounds in an Acura TSX? lol.

Two of us from HOT South are joining you.

Expect a 55 and 60 to roll in at 10am.
Our first chance to ride these trails!

Looking forward to meeting everyone if I haven't already.

Think we will be able to make it into the campgrounds in an Acura TSX? lol.

The drive in and the "campground" are rather flat and even. Shouldn't give you any trouble unless you're riding on lowering springs and extreme camber wheels.

See y'all around 8 or so in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom