LandCruiserExpo Germany (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I understand there are one or two really big annual Expo events in Germany. They demonstrate a lot
of the 80 and 70 series halfcab conversions. Anyone who could provide a link to these events
please do. I would be very appreciative. Thanks J

@Diesel Cruiserman has me watching youtube and that got me thinking tonight.
Abenteuer & Allrad seems to be a big one. If anything else comes up keep me posted

I'm trying to find a list of vendors or exhibitors if anyone can help out.

Buschtaxi Treffen (Meeting) is next month in Stordorf Germany
Buschtaxi.net

Cruiserworld.eu
Wink4x4.com
Euro4x4parts.com.

Search for Buschtaxi for 2016. I posted up a bunch of pics with vendors.

I'm very grateful. Thanks

@Cruiser Jimmy -

That camper, can you help me get/find info on it? Is it a personally made thing, or would it be manufactured by someone?? Did you see anything like that done to a 60?

2016Buschtaxi Treffen (406 of 566).JPG

Let me see if I can help you out. But I’ll need some time. The owner of Buschtaxi is a pretty good friend of mine and I can post up on their forum to get you the info.

thanks, no rush. Time I've got.

The Germans are light years ahead of us
I wish I could compare from both sides of the world. I have met several groups of travelers from Europe
in Canada, there seems to be just a different philosophy. These truck conversions are not cheap there;
and here things are built for the cheap, without being insulting. Compare 4WheelCampers at ~$20-25K.
Light weight, versatile. Not cheap, but don't seem to have the durability of the molded Euro style built
conversion campers. Just different I guess. But cheaper than the Euro conversions.
I have to qualify, until I get these sites translated, I don't really know what they cost. Frustrating.

I wish I could compare from both sides of the world. I have met several groups of travelers from Europe
in Canada, there seems to be just a different philosophy. These truck conversions are not cheap there;
and here things are built for the cheap, without being insulting. Compare 4WheelCampers at ~$20-25K.
Light weight, versatile. Not cheap, but don't seem to have the durability of the molded Euro style built
conversion campers. Just different I guess. But cheaper than the Euro conversions.
I have to qualify, until I get these sites translated, I don't really know what they cost. Frustrating.

Currently testing for Maltec and I can tell you they are worth every penny. Im 90% on my way of having my wife all in.

My 3 main takeaways driving a Maltec 200

Drives like a stock Land Cruiser (per my wife)
Wheels like a Land Cruiser
Living and traveling is seamless

Just did ~600 miles highway yesterday and it is by far the fastest best handling camper on the road. Very few vehicles pass a Maltec bringing a new concept travel and camping.

Sadly my 80 series on the left out weights the Maltec on the right but she hides it well.:)

_Af8NA_0lQYxPSTI6VEg8DWai5c0Jys_4hKFVQCY2l3J7W5_VN3qISOLu_dceCGTKve6FO-F96mG6NIwRg-d10LmZ7hIyjoIJKNWEIQXn3ku8lHrqXY2M6RY1VdIrYH53D_BolCu9fk-XrS1IrQiZ5go8PjH02JNHoM0OhRCjqCZtIWblh6wY9VK5ZlQI5pHPzgcA-eKz_X9sONSGSH3LyHqUt4GsfC_fSqbdbW9VtpIXBNhRePkfzguqHxzjqGxue9Bd9YJkXScLwxehP6p0Scr7lXvpcmI0s2fb3pdOz10LA0FkPooN3wuo2XssTYzPohOr66hzdH12VlzC02xYYUq6E6vd13K40M2Wp1riNUVN_zbGr4bPSwzOWObCWZDbVRhRDREbcNQZxsKqoR03c0cllzQ_O4BvBmfSfLU7lHb56THNrqBjXbCW_6va1IxRp13Axy-HCpB4KLrQeB4Twg1YWXdg-D8w945LT32U6fyk3z7G-Xr1BbvxHoEc6tKmSG_B_N2BVd09tUisdS7t31rj2x7a_yNXVv2ouig0QdGjWvrjQdQTviaXusb3Objyu_7u4t_NKVbepc-IIymR6XN2bIyRZ-mbQfMPZosnkif9mtoNH-tJVbQrN8J3SLA=w1415-h943-no

Caught her dreaming about it :rofl:

XqWolXgBNGKuEPbT9v9yob1IkgdlgRm0qkL2KVtRUw6Qekvfbi8X2el9YxJj4eR7J_0Kp5ZzUMhW6m-fhEYcmDDi7Z3zufrUdsST3rwIP2TSu-EwgZS1yO6rw8uaw5dmVqOwjE_FYLVaKisbLI-soFKmVQLYU8u4ekKX-68NKJN1cXfEdqTrtAiNZhKo5cBeS5oPJOxhpD-vUIYBxYyR8Z0iR2hjER5vHTlAaXJCVB6Pxwc1w3BBqn5frjg8YjFdwBpST9Q-_ZfQsjoHTTHs0VCAvyAMOjMuJUUzG5zVMKuRArZOPw2W89bO5yssrN8m2xcnc1CHtd7qZy-Et0rV6lcdRQFzqBIhqWR38oEyQzad8jgAyv7KA1t3nAQ8Wz3WntRcA4fysP5JYzppOqAz2HNshvihEVvERrlulaJKRp2qjUpUiCjpUeYlPXcE1oDQPAKZbr17d9KllTnhdkIVQTiFkMdlTVJCH2CLV88IjveR4JOG3oLv7GGiZy6ztkXeXdms3Mf1rxubf6wmaVdkhZrJkfrO3jZ_eRhK6mCdgi2M_UHstDpcTFKvOeCmPtawqcVZr6w_u7x0yWhmdIlbQmNNR7YjCV7UYYxkdrLPrELZ82YT7n5TFrCi27vWlVHy=w1415-h943-no

So what's the value of that Maltec? They seem to live on FB, I don't
Maybe someone would let me try out one?

So what's the value of that Maltec? They seem to live on FB, I don't
Maybe someone would let me try out one?

Depending on the base and how you accessorize it $140K - $195K turn key at your door. New from Maltec for the US market they will take your excellent condition 200 series and convert it starting at $75K. The pictured German side entrance new was ~$175k

Well that's just ridiculous. Nice to find out.

Well that's just ridiculous. Nice to find out.

In the last 10 years they have built almost 300 used world wide so many dont share the same feeling. A EarthRomer at 1 mil plus now thats ridiculous. Big world and some need penis extenders, some need real expedition vehicles, and other just need a vehicle to get away for a weekend or two.

I went to Buschtaxi in 2013 and I would say, if you love cruisers, visit it for sure. My guess was 500-600 trucks. Some pics Buschtaxi-treffen 2013 - kiangazi . For cruisers Buschtaxi is better than Allrad but you could argue Allrad has more vendors. There is a big demand for these conversions in Germany with some of the leading companies giving lead times up to a year. A few people in the UK forum are opting for the Alucab [South African but now in Europe] pop top roofs as a halfway house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom