Buschtaxi meeting germany (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone! I thought I'd update the thread with some details about my trip over to Germany. If you haven't seen the article that I wrote in TT, it's available on the web at TLCA's site, Nov/Dec 2016 edition. First of all Peter Sadtler (@FJ40-GARAGE) extended the offer for me to come over and visit Germany. I am grateful beyond words on his and Ulla's (wifey) generosity. The same goes for Alexander Wohlfarth, the event organizer.

I can't express how much genuine generosity that the Europeans have for hosting at this event. I meet the most welcoming, inviting and fun loving people from Poland, Switzerland, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Holland. In all 19 countries attended. Much like the events in the US these people are down to earth and willing to share.

A NOTE TO ALL VENDORS:
Alexander's Buschtaxi Meeting is the largest gathering of Cruisers (but not limited too) in the world. However one would thing that his organization of the event and website is similar to @woody 's but it's not. This is really a hobby for him as he has another job that pays the bills back on the homestead. I got a chance to talk with Alex after the event and I asked him a couple questions about the our passion for this vehicle. For people in the states we want and crave the things we can't get in order to make our cruisers our own. Diesel engines, 5-speed trannys, amby doors, etc. But after talking with Alex I asked him a very direct question. What is it that Europeans desire to have (or need) for their cruiser like the North American cruiserfans.
Well, it boils down to this. Their network of innovative parts for projects that people are undertaking could be improved. To give you an example: say you're working on the rear deck hatch lid on a 60 or 80 that is pretty popular now. The black Southco latches that are used have all the criteria that make it a great fit for the project. There are no parts that rattle when you are moving, they come in different sizes and they are flush mounted for a clean fit. The network that the US has for these parts are pretty extensive. Grainger, Fastenal, McMasterCarr, HD Supply, Hagemeyer and even Home Depot's and Lowes websites are more selection that what is in the store. Alex said that if you think there is something that is a nice part to a product, let people know. They will find a way to get distribution over to Europe.
Just off the top of my head I know that @reevesci and @NLXTACY are working to get me and innovative projects off the ground. We may take for granted the supply of parts we have here but if you see something that is an awesome addition to your project please share the wealth.

Well, thanks for viewing and here are some shots from the meeting and my visit to Germany.

That's Peter in the Rubithon shirt and me in Kurt's shirt. Guillaume is sitting next to me on a four wheel drive hydraulic driven beer table.

2016 Buschtaxi Treffen 9:11:16 (1).jpg

Beer table on the RTI Ramp.
2016 Buschtaxi Treffen 9:11:16 (2).jpg

Lunch with the Polish and practicing English.
2016 Buschtaxi Treffen 9:11:16 (3).jpg

Diff housing stove. European Propane bottle as the burner and the diff as the door. Thanks Sasha!!
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (374 of 566).JPG

Old Mercedes Benz firetruck converted to expedition rig.
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (387 of 566).JPG
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (388 of 566).JPG

The box and the frame move independently from each other.
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (389 of 566).JPG

Custom built FJ45 frame with 1HD turbo engine, balanced and blueprinted. Wink developed their own intake to get the same temperatures across all cylinders.
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (489 of 566).JPG
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (491 of 566).JPG
2016Buschtaxi Treffen (493 of 566).JPG

Solid Jimmy. Solid.

Beno......you need a trip to europe anyway, i will book a place for you at the 4x4 beer table. :beer:

@Jim: Great pictures and writeup my friend. :cheers:

@120mm going to miss this one too. We move home Friday.

:bounce::bounce::bounce: DING - DING - DING :bounce::bounce::bounce:

ITS ABOUT TIME TO LOOK FOR A FLIGHT
RIGHT NOW !

DONT COMPLAIN when you missed another Bucket list point this year! :beer:

I want to go but that's during Coho season! Some year it's happening. Have fun!

TIME TO SEARCH FOR A STANDBY TICKET to FRA !! :deadhorse:

90% rain probability, 1cm water, :hmm: cold.
We skip this year: setting up a wet tent with children that stay inside fighting :worms:, next year again.
And this whole europe climate change to monsoon and weeks of bad weather comes from my old diesel, sorry for that :beer:

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom