Land Cruiser vs VW Microbus LWB (1 Viewer)

Would you consider replacing Land Cruiser with a VW Microbus 7 seater?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love my Land Cruiser but as I have gotten older I find myself wanting an over built conversion van. I wish Toyota made a land cruiser van. I also considered cybertruck but after 5 years lost interest. Its a pretty car but I want something more family orientated, a sort of passenger hauler.

Only thing I find negative is the short ceiling height, I want something I can walk in like a sprinter, camp in, host tea/lunch parties while overlanding.

Buy a school bus

I have looked into it ended up buying both a ford e350 and a ford e350 cutaway party bus. The e350 7.3L was nice before it got rusty, it was too short for my taste. I want something 5'+ from roof to floor this time, preferably 5'9" inside. Almost bought a mpg mv1 handicap van 2 weeks ago that was 5'9" inside.
1706011611711.png

Airstream 19X?

Last edited:
If you want ceiling height, you're stuck with the big vans, Transit, Sprinter, Nissan NV, Promaster.
I don't see what the Microbus offers that a standard minivan doesn't. Honestly an AWD Sienna would probably go more places trouble free, and carry more stuff than the Microbus. Also 285 Mile range is a non-starter for an electric for me. I'd bet that with a full loadout at highway speeds it ends up being closer to 200. That takes me back to stopping every 2.5 hours pulling a camper with the Cruiser, No thanks.

I did have a Honda Odyssey for a few years that was moderately built out (sleeping platform, etc) and it was great. If I didn't want the ability to get a little further into the backwoods, that would probably be a good fit for us.

And yes, my short list of Cruiser replacements includes Transit, Sprinter, F250, and Tundra. All of them are bigger and can carry MORE than the Cruiser, not less. But maybe your needs are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom