Land Cruiser vs Cyber Truck (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like The squealing tires are though?
Yes. I do not think that they aired down. Heavy truck plus no air down = slip and slide. Happens to us LCs too.

Yes. I do not think that they aired down. Heavy truck plus no air down = slip and slide. Happens to us LCs too.
Not to that degree on something that mild. If the traction control is anything like my model 3 or S slip isn’t surprising. Both of my teslas are rear bias and the front motor dosnt kick in until the rears slightly slip. It isn’t terrible but going up hill in the snow it sort of creates a wobble feel, that is the rear slightly kicks out then the front kicks in, then the rear slightly slips,….

The noise is NOT from the Cybertruck.
I watched it again and think some of the creaking could be from the CT. It is a unibody…

That said I still may get one (I’m a day 1 reservation holder) if the range really comes out as >450 miles. But I’ll keep my LX for off roading.

I watched it again and think some of the creaking could be from the CT. It is a unibody…

That said I still may get one (I’m a day 1 reservation holder) if the range really comes out as >450 miles. But I’ll keep my LX for off roading.
I thought that the recorder person said that the banging is from her friend and the Jeep?? Maybe i misheard.

I saw a Cybertruck yesterday on the road in Scottsdale AZ. The pictures and videos I had seen do not transmit just how large and impressive this tank is in real life. The thing is huge. And it has tons of stage presence. My 70 series Landcruiser looked like a Fiat 500 next to it. I was sitting at a red light next to the Cybertruck when the driver punched it making a right hand turn into a large street with no traffic. I have never seen anything so large move so fast. I was stunned. It all but vanished down the road. Very impressive display for this experienced 911 driver to behold. And the pricing puts it on an even keel with the Lexus 550? Hmm, food for thought.

Last edited:
I saw a Cybertruck yesterday on the road in Scottsdale AZ. The pictures and videos I had seen do not transmit just how large and impressive this tank is in real life. The thing is huge. And it has tons of stage presence. My 70 series Landcruiser looked like a Fiat 500 next to it. I was sitting at a red light next to the Cybertruck when the driver punched it making a right hand turn into a large street with no traffic. I have never seen anything so large move so fast. I was stunned. It all but vanished down the road. Very impressive display for this experienced 911 driver to behold. And the pricing puts it on an even keel with the Lexus 550? Hmm, food for thought.
I’m all for EVs. Going on 9 years with 2 teslas. On road and around town yes the CT outperforms the 200, 250, 300 on every metric. But that is where it ends.

I drove a CT this week. It drives like a big heavy sports car, Suspension sucks, steering is super odd for a truck (almost like a track car) and I think would be awful off road. The vault and bed are terrible in terms of how they were thought out (as in not at all). The only thing that is well thought out is the bed lighting. Front seating is good but the windshield is huge, it almost felt like driving a cab over, frunk is tiny, I think smaller than my 3. It really has almost no space inside. Towing range is dismal, the door handle-less door handle is awful, completely un-functional and will be useless in the winter.

If you are only going to drive it on road and just have to a truck, sure go for it, but a 3 or Y would be better in almost every way.

For me, I can’t do anything with the CT I can’t do with my 3 (roof rails, 2” receiver, fold flat seats).

I think the CT is more of a Santa Cruz and maverick competitor and should be that size.

I was a day one reservation holder and could have my truck this month. I canceled my reservation and got my deposit back. Tesla majorly missed the boat on this one….

Also I don’t think it was very big was only slightly larger then the X and Y it was parked in between.

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1326.jpeg

Unless one has a reservation already, the cyber trucks on cars.com go for 200k+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom