Land cruiser general maintenance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I just hit a year of owning my land cruiser and I just wanted to hear what you guys would recommend for some maintenance. I’ll give a list of what I’ve done

At 92,000 kilometers:

Water pump, timing belt, new thermostat, steering knuckles, radiator flush, new suspension.

Shop said they inspected/ change “if needed” the trans fluid and diffs fluid. Not sure if they changed or not.

Since then I’m now at almost 114,000 kilometers and have done regular oil changes, fuel filter change, new brake pads, ac compressor belt, all new gaskets in the transfer case, valve cover gasket, turbo inlet pipe gasket. I think that’s it

I don’t know the history on this truck before the 92 thousand kilometers, so I’d rather just do all the preventive maintenance I can. Is there anything you would recommend doing, as simple as greasing little parts all the way to bigger things? Even if you don’t own this exact cruiser I’m interested in any recommendations. Let me know. Thanks

It’s a 94 kzj78 auto, 1KZTE

Have you changed the diff oils & air filter? Grease the UJs if they have nipples. Otherwise it sounds like you're doing well. One thing you could do if you want to be fussy is take out the front axles & give the CV's & locking hubs a good grease up.

Cheers
Clint

Let me know. Thanks
You get a manual and do the servicing as outlined. Cleaning the dirt out of wheel arches and making sure drain holes can get the water out of doors is mandatory if you want to keep the body in good condition.

Have you changed the diff oils & air filter? Grease the UJs if they have nipples. Otherwise it sounds like you're doing well. One thing you could do if you want to be fussy is take out the front axles & give the CV's & locking hubs a good grease up.

Cheers
Clint
You get a manual and do the servicing as outlined. Cleaning the dirt out of wheel arches and making sure drain holes can get the water out of doors is mandatory if you want to keep the body in good condition.
Have not changed diff fluids. Probably should. Air filters good. Thanks for the advice. Also @Rosco, I haven’t come across a kzj78 specific manual, only later model 1kz hilux manuals

You need 2 manuals and in your case you need the Toyota 7* series body and chassis manual that includes the light duty 7* series and the 1KZ T engine manual. They are out there if you keep an eye out on ebay etc. Ive seen free downloads, but they come and go.

Have you greased up the steering gear and drive line? They love a squirt of grease into the nipples. The steering wheel shouldnt have more than 1inch of play at 12 oclock. You can carefully adjust it, but you should have all the other steering connections in first class order before adjustment of the steering box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom