Kzj78 vs lj78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are all the differences between the kzj78 and LJ78? Obviously one has the 1kz and the other has the 2.4 liter, I also know the dash on the 2 are slightly different, other than that are they the same? (Axles, transmission, transfer case, brakes etc?)

What are all the differences between the kzj78 and LJ78? Obviously one has the 1kz and the other has the 2.4 liter, I also know the dash on the 2 are slightly different, other than that are they the same? (Axles, transmission, transfer case, brakes etc?)
Both are Light Duty, but
the Kzj78 by far it's much better

the diff are the same size, front high pinion 8" (4.88 for LJ78 and 4.3 for KZJ78 gears), the rear axle has the classic 8" like and older toyota pickup style.

1KZ has more power, torque, hp, everything above the 2LT engine.

Just to be clear, the only thing that makes the KZJ78 better is the engine. Other then that most things are the same; and I think the 4.88 of the LJ78 is more desirable if you plan to run large tires. KZJ78 interior is a little more modern in the dash design; but personally I like the classic round vents of the LJ78 better actually....

Although the rear axle diff is 8", the rest of the axle is unique to the 70 series light duty and does NOT cross over to the pick-ups.

Really all that sucks about these trucks compared to the heavy duty lineup are the engines. Other then that they're great IMHO. I've spent a lot of time around 40/60/70/80 series trucks, and the light duty 70 definitely holds it's own and even has some advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom