Kumars new Sliders! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know....yeah your right.... If you dont trailer you do need to take it easy.

Ive been doing it wrong! So has Joe, Ron, Tony, darryl, Eric, Jeremy, and everyone else at some point in time. :lol:

:flipoff2:

Wheel to the EXTREEME
Doritos-Extreme-ZSCC.jpg

Ha, that's freaking awesome :grinpimp:

When I went to college all I knew about my roommate in the dorms was that his name was Eddie and all he knew about me was that my name was Darrell. When I opened the door he was some huge black dude - first thing he said to me was "damn, with a name like Darrell I thought you were a brother". I told him with a name Like Eddie I thought you were gonna be a white guy. We got along great though. I gave him his first bong hit and he taught me about strong-arm robbery. Ahh, good times.

I'm calling bull**** Da' Real! That story is like saying you taught a Jewish kid how to be cheap!

Wow,Arjun. If you're doing all you can
Then you need to let us show you how you can do more
Just follow Joe
He can show you what YOU can do with an 80

Wow,Arjun. If you're doing all you can
Then you need to let us show you how you can do more
Just follow Joe
He can show you what YOU can do with an 80

And his is stock, with no fancy sliders, just some tires on stock suspension.

Just like the "new" 4runner is gonna be, just tires on all stock suspension, oh, & a rear locker.

Finally getting around to posting the pics:

monted003.jpg

sliderpics001.jpg

sliderpics006.jpg

sliderpics008.jpg

And for those of you who think Kumar isn't a hardcore wheeler:
:D

monted006.jpg

you'd think with those 28s he woulda been able to clear that ok

you'd think with those 28s he woulda been able to clear that ok

well atleast those sliders wont bend as they catch on everything.

well atleast those sliders wont bend as they catch on everything.

Do you really think they will have the opportunity to bend on anything?
Road salt doesn't cause bending.

I don't know man, that drive thru at White Castle can get pretty fxxxin' knarly.

well at least those sliders wont bend as they catch on everything.
As you can see from the original post, the 2x2 mounts are welded at the very bottom of the slider. When mounted, they just barely make contact with the 1" pinch seam and the main tubes fit up against the body sill.
That means the sliders hang down 2" below the pinch seam, right?

In a previous post you said your sliders have 1.75" mounts.
Assuming your mounts also have to cross the pinch seam, that would indicate that your sliders hang down 1.75" below the pinch seam, right?
IOW, your 2" tubes and Arjun's 3" tubes end up with almost the same ground clearance.

As far as ground clearance goes, the limiting factor is the pinch seam and the mounts that cross it, not the main tube.
Needing (in my opinion) 2x2 mounts is the reason we decided on 3x4 tubing in the first place.

Last edited:
As you can see from the original post, the 2x2 mounts are welded at the very bottom of the slider. When mounted, they just barely make contact with the 1" pinch seam and the main tubes fit up against the body sill.
That means the sliders hang down 2" below the pinch seam, right?

In a previous post you said your sliders have 1.75" mounts.
Assuming your mounts also have to cross the pinch seam, that would indicate that your sliders hang down 1.75" below the pinch seam, right?
IOW, your 2" tubes and Arjun's 3" tubes end up with almost the same ground clearance.

As far as ground clearance goes, the limiting factor is the pinch seam and the mounts that cross it, not the main tube.
Needing (in my opinion) 2x2 mounts is the reason we decided on 3x4 tubing in the first place.

Ummmm I was joking about Arjun high centering already, not about your sliders.....But since you bring it up... I do think it does hang down a tad too far especially for a vehicle that is already "break-over challenged" due to its wheel base and high body profile. Sure its only about an inch lower than normal, to some thats a big deal to others it doesnt matter. I dont really think it matters for kumar.

I will say they are some of the cleanest looking sliders ive seen.

Oh and I notch those body seams. And real men just cut out the whole rocker and build the slider into the void. :grinpimp:

Oh and I notch those body seams. And real men just cut out the whole rocker and build the slider into the void. :grinpimp:
:cheers:
On my last full bodied trail rig I just welded them to the body :hillbilly:
Kinda small market for weld-on sliders, though.

Hey Roxtar, Is that Carl in your avatar?

OK....well....it looks a lot like Carls buggy and apparently driven similar to Carl's buggy.
Nice pics!
I know you said where that is, but.....where is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom