Kumars new Sliders! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as much crap as I got about having them powder coated....

They are finally done. They're not on the truck yet, but here are some pics of the finished product!

Arjuns%20sliders%20007.jpg

Arjuns%20sliders%20010.jpg

Yeah, real cute kid. You expecting me to rub one off to those? I only get off on the Gingers work.

Dont make me blush...

So Arjun....they look good....you going to pass this off as your work? Or let us know who helped/made them?.....

Dont make me blush...

So Arjun....they look good....you going to pass this off as your work? Or let us know who helped/made them?.....

OH HELL NO!
I told you guys at the Hoedown who did the work, it was Brad at Rockstar Fabrications! (I know I told Carl for sure, and I thought I told a bunch of you guys together....)

Regardless, there is no way in hell that I could have done them myself! EVER! I f'ed up enough, as it was!

I tried to help with the cutting of the steel. He taught me how to weld so I could work on the easier things.

But I definitely learned a lot, and will be spending a lot more time with him learning how to do things. He's working on a race buggy right now that I helped a little with over the summer.
He's using the 80 axles that carl had in the shop.

Last edited:
OH HELL NO!
I told you guys at the Hoedown who did the work, it was Brad at Rockstar Fabrications! (I know I told Carl for sure, and I thought I told a bunch of you guys together....)

Regardless, there is no way in hell that I could have done them myself! EVER! I f'ed up enough, as it was!

I helped with all the cutting of the steel and then the bending of the tube. He taught me how to weld so I could work on the easier things (if you look at the main slider and the mounts there are some ugly looking welds...).

But I definitely learned a lot, and will be spending a lot more time with him learning how to do things. He's working on a race buggy right now that I helped a little with over the summer.
He's using the 80 axles that carl had in the shop.

I was always under the impression you were making sliders...

40 people at the hoedown < 6 Billion people who have access to this thread.

Anyway, they look good. The welds and craftsmanship look good. Now install them.

I was always under the impression you were making sliders...

That was the plan, but time ended up being the problem since I was working 8-6 all summer. And he likes to head home from the shop around 7.

They do look good. How much for a set?

I'm not sure, I didnt pay much since it was just something to try. But I'll give him a call today sometime, and I can find out for you.

Just cause someone should ask....

What kind of tubing did he use? Hrew? Dom? Pipe?

Can the main tube be made of something smaller than 3x4 to increase ground clearance and minimize denting?....

3x4 is pretty much overkill.

While at the same time they dent easier, cause of the larger void between walls.

While at the same time they dent easier, cause of the larger void between walls.

Although they will be more resistant to bending and can be made of a thinner material because they have a larger cross section and can therefore be lighter overall.

not that's it's easy to bend a slider. Much more likely that it will dent or tear.

and lightening a slider by 10lbs on an 80 is not too critical. You could just take a really healthy dump before wheeling.

Although they will be more resistant to bending and can be made of a thinner material because they have a larger cross section and can therefore be lighter overall.

not that's it's easy to bend a slider. Much more likely that it will dent or tear.

and lightening a slider by 10lbs on an 80 is not too critical. You could just take a really healthy dump before wheeling.

True, but like you said, a slider is meant to be bashed from the bottom, not vertically support the vehicles weight in a roll over. Structure not as important as bash proof.

So basically....next time Arjun is on that death climb and has to drop off that boulder 6ft onto his slider, then use the slider to pirouette 90* to square up to the death decent....odds are it could dent his slider.....

:flipoff2:

So basically....next time Arjun is on that death climb and has to drop off that boulder 6ft onto his slider, then use the slider to pirouette 90* to square up to the death decent....odds are it could dent his slider.....

:flipoff2:

:lol: I'm fawkin' crying over here! :lol:

You mean when Kumar hits the gas too hard climbing the curb in front of the frathouse in some homoerotic mating ritual designed to impress a bunch of teenage boys and accidentally runs it into the porch and gets the slider hung up on the foundation wall the slider is more likely to dent than to bend.

large_062409%20grant%20street%20mva-web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom