Krown Rustproofing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Muddy Bean

Breaking something or fixing something
Threads
Website
www.scottmichaelbennett.com
Posted a few years ago about this. Just had my second Krown treatment applied to my '98 LC. This stuff is very effective. A new Krown dealer opened up here in Michigan so I don't have to go to Canada anymore. For those who haven't heard of their process, basically they initially drill small holes at strategic locations throughout your body panels...doors, jambs, hatch, hood, etc. Then they take a special spray gun and long thin nozzle to mist Krown oil into the interior of all of your body panels, frame members, and everywhere else they can get to including your engine compartment and underbody. This Krown fluid is very unique. I bought several spray cans of it to do touch up and it's very thin yet clingly. Not quite like oil, not waxy, just unique. Hard to explain. They finally install little black plastic plugs to plug the holes and next time you get a treatment, they just remove the plugs, spray, then put new ones in. $120 does my truck and considering mine is a '98 with 250,000 miles on it and plenty of Michigan winters, I would say this stuff speaks for itself:
IMG_7611.JPG
IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG
IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_7654.JPG
IMG_7657.JPG

Looks great. Where's the new MI location?

Last edited:
That's incredibly clean - have you ever done touch up paint under there or was your rig from the south and rust free upon your first Krown treatment? I had Krown done last year for the first time and will continue with it, but it will only prevent my rig from getting worse. It won't get rid of the rust that's already there. It turned everything black for a short time, but now it's back to rust colored which was a little disappointing. Do you avoid undercarriage washes in the Winter?

I bought the truck in Palm Beach Florida...and yes drove it to Krown before our first winter. I have never painted the undercarriage...do remember that the oil is making things look glossier than they do normally, but the lack of any corrosion whatsoever? Yeah that's for real.

Wow! That is amazing! I just bought por15 for my sliders. But this looks really good.

Sorry forgot to mention that there are two Michigan locations now: deckerville and Lexington

Took mine up to Lexington about a month ago after reading about Krown here. Might be the best money I've invested into the rig at this point (mine is rusty!). Something to think about though, if you're going to get it done, be sure to remove the splash plate (the plastic one) underneath. I didn't, and it didn't get sprayed behind it. I plan on buying another can to do it myself sometime soon.

Why do this instead of the typical Zebart rustproofing? Price? Better product?

Ok two things: no I don't avoid the undercarriage washes.

And as for Zeibart vs rust check vs Krown, you'll have to do your own research. I did and chose Krown. From what I've read, zeibart uses a waxy film similar to fluid film which is messy, and apparently doesn't last as long? Krown uses a foaming oil mist that just sticks really well. Remember, the exterior surfaces of your frame etc aren't going to retain the fluid for super long. So yes, flush your undercarriage with fresh water during the winter. Don't park your truck in a heated garage in the winter, and in the spring, after the last snow, thoroughly flush your car with fresh water. The Krown oil does its most important work inside the frame, inside all the metal door panels etc displacing water and moisture where it collects. BTW, I recommend against undercoating, it just covers up stuff and will bubble through or retain moisture underneath and cause more problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom