Knuckle Rebuild Video Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to both! I could *swear* cruiser outfitters was just out stock on 80’s, but I’m better at being wrong than right.

Interesting read on Marlin crawler. Good stuff!

Cruiser Brothers or Cruiser Outfitters. Both sell awesome kits. There was a short stretch where they went out of stock but haven't had any issues lately. Just about everything Cruiser parts related is coming out of Japan or Australia and they've been shut down tighter than us for Covid. Random parts have gone in and out of stock because of it.

I remember the day when 40s were so cheap when you wore out the front end parts you just traded it for a new 40 :)
I remember when I could get parts easier and cheaper than my Dad could for his 1973 Scout II.

OTRAMM's video is great, helped me immensely.

Trail Tailor sells a reproduction version of the tool if you're looking for one.

Things you might need/require for this job that you might not be able to find locally besides the obvious seal/bearing/gasket kit.....

Dykem Blue or spray on Layout Dye for use on the SST (can be found at graingers if not avail from local auto parts store)

You'll need a larger than normal pair of calipers to capture knuckle measurements, commonly avail sets only go up to 6" and you will need to capture measurements in excess of that, in the range of 6.5 ish inches. (can be found at graingers if not avail from local auto parts store)

If you have electric hubs you may want to order the required 3x T20 screws per side that secure the e-hub face to the hub just in case.....my HZJ77 called for p/n 90149-50055 and whomever you purchase seal/gasket/bearing service kit from should have what you need for your year/model LC.....plan for worst/hope for best.

Servicing the e-hubs requires Toyota 08887-02007 "Body Grease W" or equivalent which is supposed to be Molycote 44 light I believe.....the stuff is pricey either way but the factory grease can be ordered from your local dealership still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom