Kind of sudden... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I sold the Lexus today. Darcie and I decided this weekend that it just wasn't the vehicle for us, so we decided it needed to go to someone that really wanted it for what it was.

So for now, I am without a rig.

The new plan is...a pre-2005 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab 5spd with the TRD package. So the hunt is on:cool:

Don't worry, I still plan on attending the meetings.

Jack

WWWWHHHHHAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chicago

WWWWHHHHHAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chicago

I know, I know. We kept going back and forth on whether to sell it or not and this last time, we went all the way. Don't worry I'm not done, just a change in plans for how to get there.:grinpimp:

Jack

Good luck with the search. I think if we hadn't had the 40 we would have gone with a Taco.

What didn't you like about the LX450 Jack? I had an 80 and now have a 98 4Runner, and I like the 80 better. The 4Runner gets better mileage and feel more "sporty", but it is not nearly as solid as the 80 is and does not inspire as much confidence off road. A Tacoma with an Adventure Trailer for a bed would be very cool though!

Jack must've sold it because i drove it last Thursday and got it all muddy! Rather than cleaning it, he just got rid of it on Monday :flipoff2: That lazy bastaid...

Last edited:
Well, I sold the Lexus today. Darcie and I decided this weekend that it just wasn't the vehicle for us, so we decided it needed to go to someone that really wanted it for what it was.

So for now, I am without a rig.

The new plan is...a pre-2005 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab 5spd with the TRD package. So the hunt is on:cool:

Don't worry, I still plan on attending the meetings.

Jack

Thats cool. I really like the pre-05 tacoma's. If it wasn't for my 60 series that is probably what I would own.

DirtyHarry said:
A Tacoma with an Adventure Trailer for a bed would be very cool though!

It's in the works

Wow. You leave me speechless Jack!

I saw this as well. You got to do, what you got to do. Congrats on the quick sale.

Pasquale (desertdude) has a well built Tacoma (roughly 2004, not sure) with roughly 80k miles set up for expedition travel. The last I talked to him, he wants to sell since he has settled on his 80 series and is planning a trip to South America for possibly 2 years.

Tacomas are fine vehicles, but not solid like a Cruiser.

I saw this as well. You got to do, what you got to do. Congrats on the quick sale.

Pasquale (desertdude) has a well built Tacoma (roughly 2004, not sure) with roughly 80k miles set up for expedition travel. The last I talked to him, he wants to sell since he has settled on his 80 series and is planning a trip to South America for possibly 2 years.

??? Pasquale told me last weekend via e-mail he is planning to take the Taco on his South America tour; if you are interested Jack better PM him.

What didn't you like about the LX450 Jack? I had an 80 and now have a 98 4Runner, and I like the 80 better. The 4Runner gets better mileage and feel more "sporty", but it is not nearly as solid as the 80 is and does not inspire as much confidence off road. A Tacoma with an Adventure Trailer for a bed would be very cool though!

It just never pushed our buttons. We tried and tried to really like it, but we always found a flaw, so rather than keep it, we decided to sell it.

We both really enjoy driving manual transmissions, so that was another part of the problem. We bought the LX because I thought that I really wanted one. Darcie always wanted a Tacoma, so we are going to try what she wants this time.

We are thinking about a four wheel pop up camper on it. Sort of a mini-me to our larger cab-over. We want to be able to extend our comfortable desert camping season a few more months.

Jack

Jack must've sold it because i drove it last Thursday and got it all muddy! Rather than cleaning it, he just got rid of it on Monday :flipoff2: That lazy bastaid...

Yeah, Darcie spent an hour washing it on Monday (now that's a good woman), so I guess I am lazy.

By the way the guy that bought it, just PM'd me, driving it like he stole it to get home, he managed to pull 15.5 mpg post o2 sensors:crybaby:

Jack

Thanks for the congrats.

I realize that the cruisers are more vault like, but as you said...you got to do, what you got to do.

We are hoping that the Taco works for us, I'll check with Pasquale. Just got to find the right one.

Jack

Is there a SAS project in the future?!:grinpimp:
I LOVE the tacos. Im thinking about getting one as a DD eventually, provided I can still haul wood in the bed.
Im just flabberghasted...I assumed that you LOVED that rig....
Now youll have to build a whole new set of sliders...
I sure hope those helped the re sale of it...those were some BITCHEN sliders!

Well, good luck on the search Jack.

Chicago

Jack I don't know what kind of timeframe you are looking at, but my 4Runner should be back in Reno for the High Rock trip. It has a 3.4L and a 5 speed and would likely be comparable to how you want to build your Tacoma. You are welcome to ride along if you don't have a vehicle for the trip by then.

Ever consider a rack or shell with a roof top tent. Like what the expeditions west guys do?

Well Gratz on the quick sale Jack and i hope the Taco is what your after GL with the hunt bud and we will see you at the next meeting both down sick so we are'nt comming to class tonight :cheers:

Jack I don't know what kind of timeframe you are looking at, but my 4Runner should be back in Reno for the High Rock trip. It has a 3.4L and a 5 speed and would likely be comparable to how you want to build your Tacoma. You are welcome to ride along if you don't have a vehicle for the trip by then.

Well as far as time frame goes, we are not going to be a big hurry, but we are looking. We are going to try and have something before May. Really hoping we can all make the trip.

Ever consider a rack or shell with a roof top tent. Like what the expeditions west guys do?

Well a shell is the first step and then...

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom