just shook hands on a collectors edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tried to buy some 285/75/16s bfg ats this morning, from the local bfg dealer. he could not find any from his local network of supply.
so i ended up with 295/75/16s...which will go on the 93 and the 285s on the 93 will go under the 97.

removed the old oem springs and shocks today. those rear upper mounts are the most retarded thing, what was the thinking on that? i see people moan about the ds top, but have yet to have a problem with that one. i've been lucky on the rears, i have not twisted one off yet, but sweat it the whole time.
it's now sporting ome 861/862 and new oem shocks.

Nice find! I'm really happy with my stock height kit and 285's. Great combo. Mine is also oem rackless, but the PA winters have not been kind to my upper hatch. Best of luck with your new rig.

just about have the ds wrapped up.

97aug14.jpg

97aug14b.jpg

295aug14.jpg

tried to buy some 285/75/16s bfg ats this morning, from the local bfg dealer. he could not find any from his local network of supply.
so i ended up with 295/75/16s...which will go on the 93 and the 285s on the 93 will go under the 97.

Looks like the new version of the AT with side lugs that is being discussed in the tire and wheel section of the forum will be out soon.

Pics of the rig??. Please!

got the drivers side closed up, and started on the passenger side. i don't think it was ever opened. i have never had such a time getting the cone washers out of the drive plate. the spindle has a just a touch of wear from loose out side bearing, however the bushing in it has the grease groves worn off one side. is that an issue that would require the spindle to be replaced?

97aug14c.jpg

97aug14d.jpg

the passenger side is just about finished. just need to go around and get the new shocks under it, put the pads in the front calipers and bleed all four corners. then it's on to replacing the down pipes and rear cat, the rest should ride till next summer. going to replace the rad just because, and do the work around on the pph. had to steal the alt out of this one when the one in the 93 s*** the bed the other week. the replacement alt should arrive tomorrow. all 5 295's for the 93 are in hand, so it is going to hand over it's 285s to the 97 shortly.
it's not going to be finished in time for my daughter's arrival however, who could be showing up as early as next week.

97sept14.jpg

it's not going to be finished in time for my daughter's arrival however, who could be showing up as early as next week.
Congrats! Just had my 2nd a few weeks ago.

These are actually great projects to have with a newborn - you work on it an hour here and there and you never really get frustrated with it since you aren't in a rush. Plenty of time to sit around and read service manuals from your phone while holding the sleeping kid, etc.

work has resumed after a short break.
the exhaust manifold studs are awesome.....now that i've had my fun with them. the cruiser is now tattooed and assimilated.

97sept14c.jpg

97sept14d.jpg

97sept14e.jpg

97sept14f.jpg

got wheels on the ground, a registration card, insurance and a date with the inspector man next monday. still have a few little things to do that i'll slowly pick away at.

97oct14.jpg

ordered an ultra gauge over the weekend for it. drove it the 5-6 miles to the shop to get inspected, which to date is farthest i've drive it. i must say the thing drives like a cream puff. it seems more peppy than the 93, and the trany shifts smoother than the bus trans i'm used to. the CEL did come on and i'm not sure why, but i'll find out tomorrow when it gets "smogged". took about 4 months to get it back on the road, mainly due to not having any if the required parts in stock for it. going to drive it for a week or so to make sure nothing is hiding in a corner or anything then turn it over to the wife.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom