Just scored an ARB bumper $400 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Muddy Bean

Breaking something or fixing something
Threads
Website
www.scottmichaelbennett.com
IMG_5473.JPG
Just made a Houston Craigslist score for a brand new ARB front bumper for my truck for $400. Now comes the hard part. I'm having a guy fab/weld it to my frame ends. It didn't come with a hardware kit. Any reason I shouldn't weld it? Is there a reason to bolt it on that would be better than welding? I have no reason to ever remove it. I haven't owned a bumper cover for years due to an accident with my tour bus so I'm comfortable with it being on there permanently unless someone gives me a good argument for NOT welding it. I'll be removing the tow bar and re-attaching it to the front of my ARB. Any advice on this would be super helpful. Truck goes in next week.
51369663006__DCC090C9-D075-414E-BEAE-66D14BD763F2.JPG

Before you do all of this, I know of a winch cradle that would go well with this bumper located in Austin.

I would suggest just bolting it. You may not have plans to remove it now, but you may want to down the line.

Can your welder fab up a couple adapters? Maybe some square tubing that welds onto the ARB, and bolt holes to mate with the frame ends. I'm not sure what the mounting on the ARB looks like when up next to your frame ends. I'd be a little nervous making something that big permanent.

Not only do you need to remove it if you add a winch later, but in case of an accident not totaling your truck, replacing a welded bumper would be a pain...

Actually, that bumper has 2 brackets that bolt to the frame then the bumper bolts it them. Because of this, the bumper won't match up against the frame at all and will need brackets fabricated anyway assuming you didn't get the brackets with it. If you're going fab brackets, it will be almost just as easy to make them bolt on vs weld on.

I would weld and not look back. Full disclosure: I don't use a winch, but I think this is absolutely a 'close enough' scenario that a good fabricator could get it done in reasonable effort and time.

I'm sure you could source the missing parts from ARB. They ordered me the arb logo plate after I somehow lost it. Still haven't received it but they were receptive. I wouldn't want to weld it on. I took mine off to install the winch.
Try sales@arbusa.com

Ok this is exactly the info I was looking for. I had no idea I had to access the winch mount by removing the armor. So I'll have him fab up plates for me. ARB hardware might not work for me since my front end has been chopped and welded for my tow bar brackets. Custom brackets might just be the key here. I'll talk to him about it. Glad I asked you guys cause I was headed down the weld-on path. Duggy, no winch headed for my truck yet. I have more financial fish to fry but I appreciate the heads up. I just couldn't pass up brand new armor for that price, plus the fact that I'm tired of explaining to people what happened to my missing bumper.

What a rip off!! Just kidding! That's an epic find. I think ARB steals happen ONCE in America per year. 3 years ago I got a brand new, still in the wrapper ARB 80 series bumper for $300 in Nashville for my dad. I won World's Number 2 Best Son mug that year. I still can't imagine what World's Number 1 Son did to get his mug.

Ok this is exactly the info I was looking for. I had no idea I had to access the winch mount by removing the armor. So I'll have him fab up plates for me. ARB hardware might not work for me since my front end has been chopped and welded for my tow bar brackets. Custom brackets might just be the key here. I'll talk to him about it. Glad I asked you guys cause I was headed down the weld-on path. Duggy, no winch headed for my truck yet. I have more financial fish to fry but I appreciate the heads up. I just couldn't pass up brand new armor for that price, plus the fact that I'm tired of explaining to people what happened to my missing bumper.

I saw it on the local Craigslist ad and contemplating picking it up as a backup, but its good to see it went to a Mudder!

Really was a great find. The guy was fantastic enough to drive the bumper in the bed of his truck 40 miles out of his way to drop it off at the welding fabber for me because I didn't have the room in my truck to transport it without drama. Awesome guy.

Really was a great find. The guy was fantastic enough to drive the bumper in the bed of his truck 40 miles out of his way to drop it off at the welding fabber for me because I didn't have the room in my truck to transport it without drama. Awesome guy.

I'm in the west houston area, if you want to take a look, or get some measurements of a ARB deluxe bar on a LC, with ARB brackets, before you have your guy try to fab something up.

Thanks for the offer! I'll see what the welder says and see what he needs and if I need to, I'll take you up on it!

I'm in the west houston area, if you want to take a look, or get some measurements of a ARB deluxe bar on a LC, with ARB brackets, before you have your guy try to fab something up.
Things like this are why this community rules.

Wow i really hate you, i'm looking for this exact bumper too. Nobody sells anything on the East Coast.

Lol. Your day will come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom