Just passed my Technician (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fantic

SILVER Star
Threads
Passed my Technician last Thursday night online. Received my call sign this morning. I bought a book from ARRL, practiced with hamstudy, and took the online test within two weeks. I was kind of nervous about the online thing, but it was pretty easy. It was a zoom call. Had to have a clean room void of paper, books and electronic devices. I did it in my camper. Now onto the General.

Congratulations & ‘73

NS0O

Passed my Technician last Thursday night online. Received my call sign this morning. I bought a book from ARRL, practiced with hamstudy, and took the online test within two weeks. I was kind of nervous about the online thing, but it was pretty easy. It was a zoom call. Had to have a clean room void of paper, books and electronic devices. I did it in my camper. Now onto the General.

Congratulations! The General test is longer but not that much more difficult. Good luck with it in any event.

Congrats!

I think I will upgrade, now that Code is no longer a requirement. Lost credit for theory a long time ago because of Code

Last edited:
Congrats! It's nice to not need to do it in a specific location and the VEs are great. On to the General!

Passed my General last night. Is worth it to get the Extra? I don't think I would ever use it. But it kind of feels incomplete just doing two of the three test.

Passed my General last night. Is worth it to get the Extra? I don't think I would ever use it. But it kind of feels incomplete just doing two of the three test.
Yeah, do it while you are still in study mode. Wish I had. You'll use it once you get on HF and want to participate in a rag chew or net on the Extra bands or if you get into contesting. Plus full access to vanity call signs which can be helpful if you get into CW and want a shorter call.

EDIT - congrats on punching your General ticket!

I noticed that there is going to be a new question pool the 1st of July. Less questions. I wonder what else is different. Kind of burned out right now. Might wait till the next set of questions comes out.

I'm in the same boat; have had my General license for 6-8 years and have yet to find anything I wanted to do that I needed the Extra for, but feel like I ought to just because. Then I moved, and my HF radio and antennas are still packed away. :meh:

I'm in the same boat; have had my General license for 6-8 years and have yet to find anything I wanted to do that I needed the Extra for, but feel like I ought to just because. Then I moved, and my HF radio and antennas are still packed away. :meh:
It took a conscious effort to put the HF and FM antennas back after our roof was finished last summer. Life happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom