Just bought a lx570 with CNG conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 2011 Lx570 with a CNG conversion. So far I'm very impressed. Filled it up with CNG before the drive home. The CNG lasted about 230 miles, then I swapped over to regular gasoline. Really impressed how seamless the system works. And obviously the LX is pretty sweet it's self.

I really wish it was a LC, but I'm still pretty happy. Currently we have 2 Fj40's and an Fj80. Glad to add another one to the mix

Just picked up a 2011 Lx570 with a CNG conversion. So far I'm very impressed. Filled it up with CNG before the drive home. The CNG lasted about 230 miles, then I swapped over to regular gasoline. Really impressed how seamless the system works. And obviously the LX is pretty sweet it's self.

I really wish it was a LC, but I'm still pretty happy. Currently we have 2 Fj40's and an Fj80. Glad to add another one to the mix

So what is your total range then? 500 miles?

Also welcome to the 200 crew and the elite LX owners club! Lol.

That's really interesting. Didn't know they had CNG conversions in the states (only Australia). Would you have any idea which company did the conversion? And where is the CNG tank located?

Pics would be awesome.

BTW, don't regret too much about the LX vs LC, because underneath it all is all the LC goodness. Just with a dollop of whip cream on top.

Look into the LX AHC sensor lift. 30 minute mod with nothing to buy. And she fits at least 33's just fine too.

AWESOME! Please send pics.

I've been wanting to convert mine for a while. Especially with all that room under the carriage for the tanks. In South America and in the Caribean, it's a given that big cylinder vehicles get that conversion. The total Gasoline equivalent is like half the cost. The only drawback is the filling stations.

Waiting////

When we get home tomorrow Ill take a few pictures. Currently the tanks are in the back where the third row seats would be. The conversion was done by Green Valley Conversion in Oklahoma City.

I have only filled the ranks once and it does take a little longer than gasoline. Probably about 10 min. I down loaded an app on my phone that shows all of the CNG stations and I am surprised how many there are. I I live in Fort Smith Ar which is a fairly small town. I we have around 15 stations.

My plan is to place a CNG compressor in my garage so I can refill every night. I am looking at a few different set ups. As I learn more I will share it with the group

I used to live in Utah and ,CNG is really cheap at fill up stations there, and there are a lof of them. If I was still Utarded I would definitely look at converting. My cousin converted a Jeep, and it worked awesome.

Just make sure your CNG tank is SOLID...
...so you don't end up like this guy in the white car...

(skip to about 30 seconds in, white car, upper left)... :eek:

Just make sure your CNG tank is SOLID...
...so you don't end up like this guy in the white car...

(skip to about 30 seconds in, white car, upper left)... :eek:

I let my wife see this just before I bought it. Needless to say she was hesitant to let the kiddos in the car.

I am disappointed in the prices I'm seeing on the road. At home I can fill up for $0.92-$1.00 per equivalent gal. On the road I'm seeing $1.79

When we get home tomorrow Ill take a few pictures. Currently the tanks are in the back where the third row seats would be. The conversion was done by Green Valley Conversion in Oklahoma City.

I have only filled the ranks once and it does take a little longer than gasoline. Probably about 10 min. I down loaded an app on my phone that shows all of the CNG stations and I am surprised how many there are. I I live in Fort Smith Ar which is a fairly small town. I we have around 15 stations.

My plan is to place a CNG compressor in my garage so I can refill every night. I am looking at a few different set ups. As I learn more I will share it with the group

Any luck on the pics and features?

I can't believe we're talking about the one and only CNG LC200 conversion on the board ... and not even one picture! :censor: :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

I can't believe we're talking about the one and only CNG LC200 conversion on the board ... and not even one picture! :censor: :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

I'd love to be the 2nd.. LOL.. I'm interested to find out if 2 tanks can fit under the frame.. Hate to loose the 3rd row to a GNG tank.

I'm sorry guys. Had a software update on my phone and it killed the camera. I ll go out with my tablet and take a few pics

Well I got the camera back up on my phone, and now another problem. When I purchased the LX570 I knew that the fuel gauge for the Cng was off but I wasn't too worried. I took it into my local CNG shop this week to get it fixed, no big deal. Then I get a call saying that the CNG system is out of code and they couldn't work on it until it had been corrected. UGH, needless to say I was less than excited. Turns out that one of the tanks used in the conversion is for exterior install only as well as several other smaller problems. Long story short $600 to remove the smaller tank and fix the other venting issues or $2000 to replace the tank and fix the issues.

Luckily it looks like the dealership that I purchased it from will be correcting the issues. I didn't know before but there is a very strict list of codes that these have to be in line with before they can be sold. I wasn't aware and neither was the dealership.

So far other than the code issues I have been thrilled with the LX570 and the CNG. We have made several trips running primarily on CNG and there is very little difference that running on gasoline. There is a slight delay (very slight) when you press the accelerator , and some loss of power at full thottle. With the CNG tanks combined with the normal fuel tank it looks like a range of 550-600 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom