Wanted Jump Seat Frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a set...Thanks. Not sure how to delet this post

WTB......Jump Seats or seat frames fro a 1980 FJ40. The photo has the correct jump seats for the year. (Ben Edwards photo, not mine)

FJ40 Jump Seat Frames.jpg

Last edited:
WTB......Jump Seats or seat frames fro a 1980 FJ40. The photo has the correct jump seats for the year. (Ben Edwards photo, not mine)

View attachment 1385251
I have a set of jump seats out of my 1976 FJ40, there are in good condition. They do not have the fold down support but they have the rubber bumpers that set on the inner fender well. I can get a picture tomorrow night and post it, I live in Norwood NC, work in Wadesboro, NC.
Thanks, Mark

I have a set of jump seats out of my 1976 FJ40, there are in good condition. They do not have the fold down support but they have the rubber bumpers that set on the inner fender well. I can get a picture tomorrow night and post it, I live in Norwood NC, work in Wadesboro, NC.
Thanks, Mark

Tstepp,
Let me know if you pass on these.

I have these. One seat needs welding(see photo) These seats weigh 18.5 lbs. each and are basically 22x22x9.

After talking to my "soources" I am in fact wrong. a 5/80 FJ40 would have had the wider fold down legs. How picky do I want to be.....

This was not put together by me. Here is the page....My71FJ40
Thanks my71fj40

Jump Seat FAQ:

There are 6 total different jump seats.
#1 - 1963 - 1969, long style with 2 bolt holes per a leg
#2 - 1970 - 1973, long style with 1 bolt hole per a leg.
#3 - 1973 - 1975, Short style for roll bar, bad tendency to brake at joints.
#4 - 1976 - 1977, Short style, for roll bar, slightly better bumper design. Still breaks easily
#5 - 1978, short style, excellent for all earlier years, black and has a fold down support leg.
#6 - 1979-1981, short style, It is a bit updated from the 78 style. Steel bottom plate is at edge instead of inset.
#7 - 1982-1985 short style, updated and a smaller fold down leg.

I believe the above info is correct ;)

After talking to my "soources" I am in fact wrong. a 5/80 FJ40 would have had the wider fold down legs. How picky do I want to be.....

This was not put together by me. Here is the page....My71FJ40
Thanks my71fj40

Jump Seat FAQ:

There are 6 total different jump seats.
#1 - 1963 - 1969, long style with 2 bolt holes per a leg
#2 - 1970 - 1973, long style with 1 bolt hole per a leg.
#3 - 1973 - 1975, Short style for roll bar, bad tendency to brake at joints.
#4 - 1976 - 1977, Short style, for roll bar, slightly better bumper design. Still breaks easily
#5 - 1978, short style, excellent for all earlier years, black and has a fold down support leg.
#6 - 1979-1981, short style, It is a bit updated from the 78 style. Steel bottom plate is at edge instead of inset.
#7 - 1982-1985 short style, updated and a smaller fold down leg.

I believe the above info is correct ;)
That is correct. My 79 has the wider legs and my 82 has the more narrow legs.

My 79's have wide legs, 82 has narrow. I have an extra jump seat with the wide leg, but it is missing a pin at the hinge.

Yep, the 1981 model year was the year the legs became narrow. The 1980 model year was the last year to have the wider fold down leg. I think we may have exchanged messages before about your seats, not sure. I really want to buy 2 at the same time. I am afraid I will end up not finding a matching seat. I was having conversations with several people at once but either the seats didn't match or shipping was a deal killer. Hard pay $400-$500 for a set and shipping and that need to be completely restored.

I know these are highly sought after but I really don't understand why everyone wants gold for them. My 80 is missing a single seat and I too have had trouble finding a mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom