July ROTM - Diamond Rock (Black River) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just turned into a huge maybe for this weekend. My well pump stopped working today. I think I have a temporary fix but if it is not good enough for through the weekend I will have to tend to that. Hopefully I can make this work until I have time to get it permanently fixed.

Hey @Stepmurr . . . pick me up one of those passes on your way up . . . that web-page is still down . . .

Well it looks like Mt. Graham is going to be closed for awhile . . . and their talking years . . .
Will do - I'll pick it up at the Show Low kmart on friday.

I'd love to do this run, but wife's bday festivities are already planned. I was just talking about trying to lead a run to Greer, which is pretty close to where y'all are going. Enjoy!

Did the fire take out the Riggs Lake area?

upload_2017-7-26_14-9-38.png

very grim forecast for the area . . .

Yikes...that's ugly.

Family friendly??? Wife/kids trip same weekend already planned but this sounds / looks like an awesome area.

I wouldn't count on the online permits being available for the WMAT. Its been down for months...purchase at Carrizo Junction, Hon-Dah or Hon Dah Outdoor. Available in Whiteriver too.

I'd recommend someone gets up to Diamond Rock area before weekend to lock in a site, area does see a good amount of use during summer.

I'm definitely out. Have a good time guys.

Will do - I'll pick it up at the Show Low kmart on friday.
I was able to get passes at the Sinclair gas station at the highway 60 / 73 intersection in case anyone else wants one.
15012850464792095680288.jpg

Ok I am in. Got the well situation under control for now. We are still on right? Haven't weather canceled?

I"m in the vicinity - bad cell service though.

Will be waiting outside the campground.

Any eta?

Lucky guy....
Your company truck looks lonely sitting all chocked up in that parking lot.:frown:

Lucky guy....
Your company truck looks lonely sitting all chocked up in that parking lot.:frown:
I'll treat it to a carwash when I get back!

Any pics from the run? Hope y'all didn't get rained on too much.

We got rained on for quite a while after we set up camp but the Oz-tent and Bat270 with a little help from one of Steve's tarps did the trick. The campsite we found and Pichata Falls were awesome. Absolutely worth the drive. From the falls, I drove west across the reservation toward White River then the 60 and got some pretty amazing views to include the Salt River Canyon which I had never seen before. Adam did a nice job flexing to this area end game and Steve did some nice scouting work for us before we got there so a really great trip.

Thanks @floggerdogger for setting up this trip - great camping in the forest!

Turkeys
7D_15308-small.jpg

A buck with an attitude!
7D_15364-small.jpg
7D_15364 Tongue.jpg

Centerfire Creek
7D_15398-small.jpg

Random meadow
7D_15403-small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom