Joined the club... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheGrrrrr

GOLD Star
Threads
The build begins immediately...
%EJq16c0TJypFse3H9s8GA.jpg
auEow1+PQFuM5P7tbcf0qg.jpg

Good looking rig.

Last edited:
Nice! Details? I'm curious where you picked it up. I've been looking for the exact same setup.

Carmax. 2013 with 88k miles. $39k plus $2k for 4Year 125k mile warranty with $50 deductible. I only drive about 8k miles a year. Definitely feel like I overpaid, but that's relative given I have been searching for a 2013+ 1 owner, full dealer service history, no evidence of towing, under 100k miles, from CA/AZ/TX... for over a year. A couple thousand over market is worth it to me for no more searching and no more worrying about my 2006 Range Rover's suspension failing... AGAIN. The Rover never met a trail that it couldn't make Rubicons look like childrens' toys on, but it also spent way too much time in the shop. Hoping my 200 Series can become what the Rover couldn't in terms of reliability, while achieving the same or better capability.

Wilco Off-Road Swing gate hitch mount tire carrier goes on this week, along with 275/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs. OME BP51 Heavy Load kit by Thanksgiving. Either Slee or MetalTech sliders in the same timeframe. Looking into the Trail Tailor hidden winch mount. ARB skids are likely as well.

Will probably add a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform as I already have all the accessories from the one on my Rover. Likely some some additional trail lighting, etc.

Thats the story for now.

-TheGrrrrr

Carmax. 2013 with 88k miles. $39k plus $2k for 4Year 125k mile warranty with $50 deductible. I only drive about 8k miles a year. Definitely feel like I overpaid, but that's relative given I have been searching for a 2013+ 1 owner, full dealer service history, no evidence of towing, under 100k miles, from CA/AZ/TX... for over a year. A couple thousand over market is worth it to me for no more searching and no more worrying about my 2006 Range Rover's suspension failing... AGAIN. The Rover never met a trail that it couldn't make Rubicons look like childrens' toys on, but it also spent way too much time in the shop. Hoping my 200 Series can become what the Rover couldn't in terms of reliability, while achieving the same or better capability.

Wilco Off-Road Swing gate hitch mount tire carrier goes on this week, along with 275/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs. OME BP51 Heavy Load kit by Thanksgiving. Either Slee or MetalTech sliders in the same timeframe. Looking into the Trail Tailor hidden winch mount. ARB skids are likely as well.

Will probably add a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform as I already have all the accessories from the one on my Rover. Likely some some additional trail lighting, etc.

Thats the story for now.

-TheGrrrrr

So funny story, I have been in the market for the exact same criteria as you and came across this exact truck in my search. I got in touch with the closest CarMax to me (Minneapolis) to see about getting in touch with the Costa Mesa store to get some better pics of some potential problem areas before I paid to have it transferred. Went to my local dealer and ran the VIN for the full service history. Got my monetary ducks in a row and ready to go, and told the sales-rep up here to initiate the transfer up here to this store. He called me back not 15 minutes later and told me it had been sold minutes before I officially requested the transfer.

Glad to see who bought it out from under me haha. I don't say that in a bad way at all. I am happy to see it went to fellow enthusiast!! It's funny how small this community can get. And the 200 series community is even smaller and close knit than what I'm coming from (Tacoma). I love it.
I have found a 2014, same ext/int colors, with fewer miles for the same price in UT that I am in the process of pulling the trigger on. Hoping a similar situation doesn't happen this go around.

Also, when I was looking at this truck, one of the things that seemed weird to me was some apparent damage to the upholstery on one or both front seats? I'm curious if you could elaborate on it, just for my own curiosity.

So funny story, I have been in the market for the exact same criteria as you and came across this exact truck in my search. I got in touch with the closest CarMax to me (Minneapolis) to see about getting in touch with the Costa Mesa store to get some better pics of some potential problem areas before I paid to have it transferred. Went to my local dealer and ran the VIN for the full service history. Got my monetary ducks in a row and ready to go, and told the sales-rep up here to initiate the transfer up here to this store. He called me back not 15 minutes later and told me it had been sold minutes before I officially requested the transfer.

Glad to see who bought it out from under me haha. I don't say that in a bad way at all. I am happy to see it went to fellow enthusiast!! It's funny how small this community can get. And the 200 series community is even smaller and close knit than what I'm coming from (Tacoma). I love it.
I have found a 2014, same ext/int colors, with fewer miles for the same price in UT that I am in the process of pulling the trigger on. Hoping a similar situation doesn't happen this go around.

I actually requested the hold/transfer from Costa Mesa last Sunday 9/29, the vehicle arrived to Scottsdale yesterday. It was filthy inside and out. Passenger running board was very slightly damaged, possibly in transport. I very nearly walked away and requested my transfer fee ($99) returned. They offered to take it down the street to have it washed inside and out, if I would wait. I agreed. It came back looking much more like what I was interested in. I bought it. Immediately took it to my mechanic and he he found a few minor issues. Bushings on drivers front lower control arm are going to need replacing in 6 months. There is some minor rust underneath, likely from ski trips to Big Bear, according to the navigation address book. Front bumper had been recently sprayed, found some masking tape on the fog light, but found no indication of damage anywhere behind or underneath. Passenger headlight assembly is brand new. The upholstery throughout shows minor signs of wear, but the drivers seat must have had a hole or tear that was repaired. The repair work is fine.

Bottom line is that it met my major requirements, solves the problem of not having a reliable daily driver and should still be a great overlanding platform to build on. Is it perfect? Not even close. Am I concerned about its issues? Not in the least.

-TheGrrrrr

Can’t wait to follow your build. I just purchased my silver 2013 about 2 weeks ago from Acura N. Scottsdale and would like to build it up similarly. I’m down in Gilbert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom