Builds Jmlockwood’s Heritage Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Chrisleduc1 the full @divemedic kit showed up this afternoon. I’ll post up the details shortly.....looks amazing though.

I’ve been sitting on the @divemedic aid kit all week. A work project has been getting in the way of playing with trucks. So for those keeping score, I have this Kaymar bumper with the swing outs primarily because of the LRA tank and its occupying my spare tire location (hence, the bumper for the spare tire). There is really no need for jerry cans because of the 24 gallon aux tank so I’ve looked elsewhere to figure out what to carry in that spot. I’ve started carrying a Pelican case full of recovery gear and @divemedic suggested an aid kit for the second spot. To me, it’s a great idea because it is really inconvenient to open the rear hatch with a dual swing out bumper. These are two kits that - IMO - you don’t really want to have to be opening up the rear hatch anytime they need to be accessed.

On to the @divemedic kit. First, this is really his wheelhouse. He asked me what I wanted in a kit and my response was “no useless gadgets but enough of the necessities to get the job done.” I’ve had store bought aid kits before and I felt like 90 percent of the items were cheap and useless in an emergency situation. What I received was perfect and so insanely efficient. Here are a few shots of the insides.

F84DFB00-77ED-4869-AAAC-67FEB66079E0.jpeg
4123FED8-5007-4E8D-BD9B-BD9E1A0421BC.jpeg
193F883A-E6C8-45CB-9FA4-029954EABF7A.jpeg
6651CAC4-8382-4D03-A7B8-C59AB279C86E.jpeg

I am not sure what Kaymar really expected of the rear jerry can basket. This is my second bumper and my other one is the same way. These are the straps that come with the bumper.....have not figured out a great way to fasten these other than some zip ties.

FD32710D-C1A2-4659-8958-0394B9459298.jpeg

I decided to just cut them off and come up with something else.

2D2CEAFA-84CB-4E69-860F-5DE67E2E97DE.jpeg

I spent a few minutes on Amazon a couple of nights ago and just ordered some random black molle type straps. I rate these as more secure than the zip tires and less secure than something lockable. To be honest, I’m not sure I really want something lockable because I am very likely to lose the key and then I’m just SOL.

CF7C65AE-A871-4D15-8180-8991638A71CF.jpeg
76FECE03-3146-46B3-8947-92211C60AF01.jpeg

I’m hope it sits on your truck un-used. If you do use it beyond booboos and ouchies let me know so I can get you restocked.

I am not sure what Kaymar really expected of the rear jerry can basket. This is my second bumper and my other one is the same way. These are the straps that come with the bumper.....have not figured out a great way to fasten these other than some zip ties.

View attachment 2185498

I decided to just cut them off and come up with something else.

View attachment 2185499

I spent a few minutes on Amazon a couple of nights ago and just ordered some random black molle type straps. I rate these as more secure than the zip tires and less secure than something lockable. To be honest, I’m not sure I really want something lockable because I am very likely to lose the key and then I’m just SOL.

View attachment 2185500View attachment 2185501

The hook you cut off was for a padlock

I really have not been driving the HE much at all. Just passed over 1,000 miles total and that was after a short road trip to go visit my mother. But today was a big milestone. I am finally able to park in my parking garage downtown.

The entrance barrier states that 78” is the maximum height. I knew that was not ENTIRELY accurate because my 2017 measured out at around 79.5” and I was able to safely make it to my spot on P4 without any sprinkler head destruction. But the HE measures out around 80.5” so I knew I going into this that I may not be able to drive this truck to work. About a week ago I decided to test it out on a Sunday. I easily passed under the “maximum height” barrier at the entrance and things seemed okay. I even made it all the way up to my spot on P4 with no issues. Downhilll was another story. I clipped several sprinkler pipes on the way down - nothing bad but they did graze the roof rack. Bummer. However, the close calls only happened above P2.

Luckily, we had a big company recently move out of the building so I got in line for a parking spot on a lower floor and was ultimately assigned a permanent spot on P2. I am two days in and all is well. It is surely a snug fit but I am able to safely get in and out without coming close to any sprinkler pipes.

3224C701-D8F3-4B05-9949-6998F6C430E0.jpeg
5AF4FD21-1196-4EB6-825F-49AA050191A2.jpeg

I can do 78" but have to go to low mode for 77". Min is 76" those are very close.

A couple of initial thoughts on the truck. It's pretty fantastic and I don't think I would change a thing. This is my first time with the ARB Intensity lights....may swap them out in favor of something will a little more flood and a little less spot. That is just more of a personal preference of mine......cosmetically they look awesome.

The truck rides excellent. I need to check and see what the BP51's are set at because I like the ride better than the ones in my prior 200 series. It could be just that this truck is heavier but I do want to grab the settings.

I know there has been some chatter about the leather quality in the HE versus the standard LC. Personally, I like this leather better than the material in my 2017. That truck was very plush and I felt like at times it was too soft and may wear prematurely. I didn't own the truck long enough to figure that out but I definitely like the leather in this truck.

I also really like the fact that the headliner etc, is all black as well. The black interior on my 2017 had a light grey headliner. I prefer the all black.

The rubber floor mats throughout are a nice touch. I ordered some Weathertech mats because I just assumed I would be getting carpeted mats. I will still replace with the Weathertechs but its certainly not necessary for everyone. Not sure if anyone knows if that is just something for the HE or if all 200's now come with rubber mats.

The rear storage seems HUGE without third row seats.

The rock lights that @Eric Sarjeant installed are awesome. I really like this feature a lot. As you can see above, they are super bright and essentially light up the entire underside of the truck.

First impressions are great. @Eric Sarjeant is really easy to work with and has done several of these so he has lots of ideas. He didn't "push" anything on me so I could the truck I wanted while also adding a few things he recommended - all of which were good ideas. If anyone is interested in doing a build with him I would be happy to discuss my experience in more detail. 10/10 would recommend.
Would be curious where you have your bp51s set? When I got your 17 home, I found for mountain driving it was way to boaty, I prefer a more firm stable ride, i did a lot of tweaking on adjustments and it now handles more like my 80 in the mountains corners, which I prefer! It was set to extremely soft settings, I just assumed you had it tuned that way for an extremely plush ride on Florida highways

@jmlockwood great looking truck! I get very uneasy pulling mine in and out as well 😬...

also, do you have spacers installed?

@Nova yep I do have Spidertraxx installed. This setup would have otherwise suffered from a little tire rub on the KDSS.

I thought you did. I just didn't see it on the vehicle add ons that were mentioned at the start of the thread. I love my Spidertrax spacers! Was running my set up with out them for a few months and made the switch. One of my favorite mods on my 200!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom