JK Customs Prototype FJ62 Winch Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work. Not trying to be critical, just genuinely curious: What is the logic behind the "prerunner" style tube work? Here in the northeast you may as well have nothing on there for all the good it will do you--and that would be cheaper. If you're gonna get the tubes, why not get full protection of your front end? Or is the prerunner style somehow suited to Texas terrain?

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

I wonder how hard it would be to make it airtight (tubing instead of c channel) for use with an OBA setup..

Good looking bumper. I like the bull bars on the ARB. Up here in Washington we have lots of trees, and you can use those bull bars as tree feelers and save your front end.

@TimMoss,

I just wanted that style, no special reason other than I like that look.
Jason could of done a full ARB style, but then I could of just bought a ARB.
EVeryone has that ARB - so it's nice to be different. :)

Real Nice! I have one of Jason's rear bumpers, and love it!

An idea I had was a small boxed in slot on each side for a high lift. Might even make it a little safer to use the high lift.

Can someone photochop the pre-runner part of the bar off? I'd like to see it bumper only.

Greg,
Your so demanding! :) Not my best photshop..but you get the idea.

nohoop.jpg

awsome bumper...think jason could customize a rear bumper with tire carrier for a 89 fj62?

Hell yeah, Jason Kenne is an *awesome* fabricator and his prices are more than reasonable. Just visit www.jkcustoms.com and give him a call, he can work something out for you.

On the link you can see some pretty cool rear bumpers he's done.

Great bumper. I have been wanting to see a bumper like that built for a wagon. I stole some pics for my fab friend to check out. We have been talking bumpers for months. I am leaning towards staying stock though.

Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

leaning towards staying stock???? I think the front bumper is necessary armor as well as a major wheeling tool. Competition for the ARB is welcomed in this difficult and spendy market. As long as my rig is running well why not proect him. If a skid plate is a "jock" for your rig then think of the bumper as a chin strap!

The best argument for an aftermarket bumper is that the stock bumper folds like paper right into the fender. Wonder how I know...

I was hoping to have it back from the poweder coating today - but it needed to be beadblasted, so we are behind a few days. Should have some pictures late this week.

:)

That is a sweet looking bumper is that going to be something that will be available or just something you fabbed up for your cruiser. Like the stinger style

Hey Mark, can you give us a rough idea of what Jason charges for something like this? I'm trying to talk Josh into getting a front bumper made for his LX450.

iam getting special Prototype pricing, I would say just shoot Jason a e-mail.

I know he charges bewteen $366 - $785 for his rear bumpers.

-Mark

Fearnofish,

I'm thinking the "folding into the fender" might be a good thing in sometype of collision. The thing that concerns me (even though I like the idea of a solid bumper) is too strong a bumper. Then all the load gets transfered to the frame. Fender seams easy to replace compared to fram bend. I'm a contemplating a heavy duty bumper for winch mount but with railroad ties as side/front protection. Will it happen? Probably not. So the bumper in this thread is definately on my radar for my '87.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom