JDM windshield warning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers said:
no, i am not the definate authority on anything.
i have imported hundreds of JDM vehicles and have yet to have a SINGLE AS2 windshield arrive.
I gotta call BS on this. Really? Hundreds? I had no idea. I would have guessed 50 or 60.

so by your own statement, your RHD to LHD conversion JDM had a AS2 windshield? did you repalce it with an AS1?

here is the problem with your post, you are saying that all the importers in Canada that sell vehicles have either sold them with AS2 windshields or they have swapped them out for AS1. in MOST cases this is not the case.

if you beleive you are mistaken then fix the post.

personally, i really do not give a rats ass one way or the other.

BS: intentional misleading. Mistaken: self-explanatory.

I believe I was mistaken, BS is a bit harsh.

I did admit right at the beginning that it was hearsay.

toyota as1 on my 74 WS, and i have not replaced the WS, my 74 arrived from japan like this, i know this as i was the importer.

edit, i have only imported one jdm vehicle, so statistically i can not vouch for others jdm glass types. :D

Last edited:
crushers said:
no, i am not the definate authority on anything.
i have imported hundreds of JDM vehicles and have yet to have a SINGLE AS2 windshield arrive.
I gotta call BS on this. Really? Hundreds? I had no idea. I would have guessed 50 or 60.

Mine did! I was told it was a good thing I replaced it because it wouldn't pass BC inspection. Has to be AS1 or SAE on front windshield. Can be AS2 on the sides and back. The inspector in Nelson was insistent on it.:beer:

LOL!!

Bruce,
closing in on 200...(is that hundreds?) not all are posted up since AMVIC started playing their game.

if i did ever recieve a unit with AS2 windshield in it then it would get changed out... esp since i saw Charla's and Dieselers pics. that would be scary.

LOL!!

Bruce,
closing in on 200...(is that hundreds?) not all are posted up since AMVIC started playing their game.

if i did ever recieve a unit with AS2 windshield in it then it would get changed out... esp since i saw Charla's and Dieselers pics. that would be scary.

No kidding. Wow I had no idea. I was willing to give you credit for 'hundreds' at 101.

does anyone know if the new ENS series trucks have the same windshield as the old 79 series?
my EPC doesn't go that far...

Thanks for the straight answer,..... finally.

Since there's no TLCA chapter near here, I'll have to check to see if the nearest Toyota dealer ever heard of it.

Sorry John Galt

I wasn't trying to screw you around.

I didn't realize that you didn't know what TLCA is. One of the four section tabs at the top of this and every mud forum page is TLCA Forum/clubhouse.

My sig line has my TLCA number and is a clickable link as well.

Guess what happens when you Google TLCA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom