Jayco Summit pop up on fire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'd like to get the concensus of the more experienced..

I can get this for free but i'd like to know if it's worth rebuilding or spending money (that I don't have)...

It's a Jayco Summit and the owner said he had brake issues on the road and caught on fire. Damage on the axle and cosmetics on the interior.

I have not seen it personally, just these pictures sent. All amenities are in tact, queen bed, fridge, etc... just the wall, and roof area oh and a hole on the awning.

IMG_8805.jpg
IMG_8806.jpg
IMG_8807.jpg
IMG_8808.jpg

pass on that. its gonna have a smell youll never get rid of, and who knows what else is lurking under the top.

if you want one, and don't have the money to get a nice one, and have time, then yes. If not, then no.
If you want a utility trailer, have no money for one, and have time to rip much of it off, that would work too, although be an awkward product at the end.

@e9999, I actually want one. My family is not much into primitive camping and we rented one a while back and they liked it.
I've convinced them to go camping with me more often but it looks like this is the only way for them to go.

I can't spend the $$$ for a used $4-5k one but I could have a little to fix this and I'm in no rush. We have a new born and they're not going anywhere soon.

I just don't want to get so deep into it and end up spending $2k in repairs. If that will be the case I'll continue saving and buy one that is ready to roll.

I will meet the owner on Saturday and see the actual damage.

I agree @stevezero, that burnt smell is hard to get rid of.

fixing the inside should not be too expensive or difficult if you (and the Missus) are not too picky and if you can do the work yourself. Replacing the axle could be $500 with tires and springs I would think.
I don't think you need to spend $5k on a new one, though. We sold ours recently that was like new although on the smaller side for much less than that. And if your goal is to have the family come along, then having one that the Missus is *very* happy with could be critical, I would think. If she will be forever unhappy about the smell or visible repairs, that may prove counterproductive in the long run.

I ALMOST got myself into a hole with a *free pop up camper...if they have ANY leaks or smells, you're gunna wanna pass on it...the right one will come along. now if you need a house and have a time limit, then jump on it...

If it floats, flies, f×_$=, or camps, it's cheaper to rent. ...

I ALMOST got myself into a hole with a *free pop up camper...if they have ANY leaks or smells, you're gunna wanna pass on it...the right one will come along. now if you need a house and have a time limit, then jump on it...

I'll have to see tomorrow and inspect. It's been raining so that's good and see if it's leaking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom