January 22, 2022 Club Trail Ride-Schubarth Road (Rampart Range) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to, but robotics season has started again, so Saturdays are out until late March

I wanted to see if the Trail Ride was still going to go on and kind what the plan was? When and where would you guys be meeting to set of on this ride? I am not a member of the group but would like to become one. I think with the snow this evening would make this a lot of fun.

I wanted to see if the Trail Ride was still going to go on and kind what the plan was? When and where would you guys be meeting to set of on this ride? I am not a member of the group but would like to become one. I think with the snow this evening would make this a lot of fun.
Please come out and join us. The meeting time and location is Saturday morning at the Alta Convenience store in Crystola (between 8am and 830am).

Please come out and join us. The meeting time and location is Saturday morning at the Alta Convenience store in Crystola (between 8am and 830am).
Thank you for the reply and invite. Are little children allow to join? Also what would be the route? Just kind of want to gauge the time.

Reactions: SAS
Thank you for the reply and invite. Are little children allow to join? Also what would be the route? Just kind of want to gauge the time.
Of course. Little ones are always welcome. schubarth is up off rampart range road so pretty close. I know a couple of us need to punch out before dinner and the trail has a few options we can take based on why the group
Wants to do. Pack a lunch, bring a sled for the little one(s) if you want as we will stop for lunch and feel free to head back anytime you want. Pretty casual

Of course. Little ones are always welcome. schubarth is up off rampart range road so pretty close. I know a couple of us need to punch out before dinner and the trail has a few options we can take based on why the group
Wants to do. Pack a lunch, bring a sled for the little one(s) if you want as we will stop for lunch and feel free to head back anytime you want. Pretty casual
Also, not sure how your rig is setup but I k ow a few of us have chains so no worries if you don’t.

Also, not sure how your rig is setup but I k ow a few of us have chains so no worries if you don’t.
I just have a stock 99 100 series with 285 BFG AT’s. No chains. Is this a trail where you need a more set up rig? I wanna join because I’d like to get involved with the LC community but I’m not sure I can swing an all day trip.

Jim

Your 100 should have no problem on this trail. It is mostly Forest road, but fun.

It looks like I can make it for this trip.

Next scheduled ride will be February 19th, Phantom Canyon and Shelf Road (Victor Cripple Creek to Canon City loop)

We had three FZJ80/LX450's at the run, and then @Goslow arrived at lunchtime (in his "new" 2001 UZJ100/LX470) to round out the day.

Snow was thin from Woodland Park to the trailhead but we found the deeper stuff in the interior! We also found several downed trees that @twbland tagged on GPS. We ran FS Road 307 from west to east, then took 313 north, 111A to the "obstacle" which was too icy to crawl. Instead of mounting chains, we decided to go back out. We did get some winch work on that obstacle, due to Todd sliding sideways downhill (gently) into a tree. Recovery was a success and there was little/no body damage to his LX/LS450.

We heard Vic on the radio, and he had gotten deep down 311; when he turned around to come out, he lost traction on an uphill and chose to wait for help. TRED boards got him out quickly.

Sorry for no pics of the winch action, LOL.

First pic is where we aired down after crossing over Rampart Range Road.

20220122_092133.jpg

Last edited:
It was a nice but interesting day. You saw the trees that stopped us on 307. We tried another road and that ended at a slippery slope with Todd sliding into a tree. Some winching got him up and away from the tree where he could drive out. We found Vic and helped him out of a rut. That was followed by trying to fit 265 tire chains on 285 tires. Beautiful weather, soft snow and good company.

Group Jan 2022.jpg

Todd.jpg

Awesome! Sorry I missed it, I was learning how to ride a dirt bike in snow. I'm hoping to join you guys regularly though! I will be doing the yankee hill trip in early February (rising sun 4x4) if anyone from this club will be there.

I'd like to, but robotics season has started again, so Saturdays are out until late March

My housemate also just moved up here from florida, and is also doing the robotics thing here. He volunteered for years down there. You may have met him - Eric is (also) his name. A couple weekends back was his first event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom