It is getting quiet on here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is everyone surviving the winter weather so far??? Clint and I have 2-3 inches of ice under 7 inches of snow. Can't imagine having 2 feet but I'd almost rather have that instead of the ice...a real back breaker to get up....inches at a time.

It was awesome (soaked) getting out in the 80 today in the snow. I tried the center diff lock but didn't see much difference. Plowed right through everything and that is with all the ice as well. I am sure others have better snow stories than mine.

Later

Our snow budget for the airport for Feb is $120K, we've spent roughly $350K over the past week......ooops:eek:

More OT 4 me!!!!! Maybe by the end of winter I can afford to buy a new project wheeler!

Is everyone surviving the winter weather so far??? Clint and I have 2-3 inches of ice under 7 inches of snow. Can't imagine having 2 feet but I'd almost rather have that instead of the ice...a real back breaker to get up....inches at a time.

It was awesome (soaked) getting out in the 80 today in the snow. I tried the center diff lock but didn't see much difference. Plowed right through everything and that is with all the ice as well. I am sure others have better snow stories than mine.

Later

locking diffs (t-case or axles) are a PITA in the snow. I was driving the red 4runner on the streets and it did great til I had to make a turn. It just under steers like mad. Be glad you can open those diffs up. Of course the lockers did come in handy when I was crawling through 4 ft plow piles in front of the driveway...my neighbors were pissed.

Drove home around 10 PM in the middle of the "thundersnow" (2-3" / hour). I couldn't even see 2 feet in front of me. I pulled a few people back onto the road and then after encountering 3-4' drifts across the road with cars stuck in them had to take those people to their destinations and abandon their cars. Why you would have a Honda Civic out in about 1-2 feet of snow :confused: Anyway, I ended up making it home around 1 AM. It would have been more fun if it was light out and the snow wasn't coming down so fast but all in all, a good time.

I hope you made some good cash.

Wed afternoon everyone went out and found their cars and dug them out. I thought about grabbing the 4runner and let the winch make me some money, but then I sat on my couch with a cocktail....

I hope you made some good cash.

Wed afternoon everyone went out and found their cars and dug them out. I thought about grabbing the 4runner and let the winch make me some money, but then I sat on my couch with a cocktail....

Nah, I was offered some money by most people but didn't take it. I guess I should have. I could have helped a lot more people Wednesday digging their cars out off the side of the roads but most cars don't have any attachment points. What happened to the steel loops in the back by the bumper? Only a few cars have those now.

Nah, I was offered some money by most people but didn't take it. I guess I should have. I could have helped a lot more people Wednesday digging their cars out off the side of the roads but most cars don't have any attachment points. What happened to the steel loops in the back by the bumper? Only a few cars have those now.

Thats the other half of it. People are dicks. Those loops on the unibodies are for tie down only i think. Not for snatching out of the snow. Plus with the height of my 4runner it brings the strap in contact with bumpers....thats all I need. So in the drift they sit.

Back when I would go pulling people out. I would take no more than $20 and only if they offered. I was saving them a couple hundred dollars and several hours (atleast) of waiting for a tow truck.

My "good samartian self" was in the form free plow service as I drove by people that were physically struggling. Much easier than recovery....don't even have to get out of the vehicle.

It was a pretty snowy day on Toys for Tots day and on my way over there out in the country there was a guy that slid off the road just enough to get stuck. I was right there and offered to yank him right out but he was on his cell phone asking someone else to help and said no thanks. Dumb ass!!!

I love the snow, the ice, all of it
Been out drivin around in it at its worst
wont help stuck people..nearly got backed over once
They don't know how to help, pulled a guy out once & he tried to drive off while I was un hooking the strap from his car
I got bitched out once by some douche I was pulling out, he was turning the wheels the wrong way & went into a sign post
I will offer rides or the use of my phone, but that's it

"People"......people are stupid.

"People"......people are stupid.

Yep, this planet would be A-O-K if it weren't for all the fawkin' people!

I say fawk'em. If there's no women or kids, then I say, "you were stupid enough to get into the situation, you're probably stupid enough to get yourself out, or die tryin' at least."

I recovered my neighbors 2 family cars on saturday. We had 4" snow on top of 1" of ice in the apartment parking lot. Rav4 needed a little gas to pull out, while the corolla was idled out via low range w/center locked. :cool: My bald tires didn't help, so I solved that problem.

IMG_7943.JPG

In other news, the ice beat the crap out of the mirrors. Zip-tied the glass until I can do a better fix.

Last edited:
I can't believe this took that long.

Thats cause I conciously restrained...I think I even started to post and said f-it....ill be nice today.

But since its game on...

Did you have to remove your sway bars for that?

Do you have any pics of the suspension so I can see how its holding up?

What mods have you done to get that kind of flex?

whew.....now I feel better.

:flipoff2:

That's some pretty awesome wheelin
You must wheel on the extreme side of extreme

Don't think I can hang with the likes of a guy of your caliber

Clam down & stay safe on those A/Ts

weak sauce.

Thats mucho much more better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom