It finally happened. I bought a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
New here, but Iv been lurking for a few years.
Last week I found a great deal on a 1985 FJ60. Iv been watching them for a few years and never really have the ability to just go out and buy one. Either because of cash or space. But last weeke the stars aligned and I ended up with this one. It’s rough, but really not too bad. No rot except for the tail gate. And no dents. But the engine was stolen out of the last owners garage. Everything for the engine is in the back but the rebuilt long block is gone.
I’m excited to start this build process and I’ll try to keep a bit of log of things as I go. I’ll be asking a lot of questions as I go so bare with me friends.
Thanks in advance lol.

Hi all,
New here, but Iv been lurking for a few years.
Last week I found a great deal on a 1985 FJ60. Iv been watching them for a few years and never really have the ability to just go out and buy one. Either because of cash or space. But last weeke the stars aligned and I ended up with this one. It’s rough, but really not too bad. No rot except for the tail gate. And no dents. But the engine was stolen out of the last owners garage. Everything for the engine is in the back but the rebuilt long block is gone.
I’m excited to start this build process and I’ll try to keep a bit of log of things as I go. I’ll be asking a lot of questions as I go so bare with me friends.
Thanks in advance lol.
5C5B8141-803B-4FA9-A3E8-AAC9226D553C.jpeg
2302B19F-06CD-4B6A-A519-6852F0F96A66.jpeg
53985AEC-8232-46BB-9925-1D0CC2B360D6.jpeg
724C2398-742E-4DE6-8DBC-6C5376D0F0EA.jpeg

99326504-6615-40B3-B829-F2F25CAAEC5C.jpeg

There goes all your spare time for the next couple years.
Don't forget almost every question you'll face has invariably been encountered by someone here who kindly left the answer with pix!, or bread crumbs to the answer. Good luck and have fun!

Well I gotta say… if you’re willing and able to steal a 2F motor straight outta someone’s garage you must really mean business. Hats off to the thief for pulling that one off, kinda..

Hope you’ve got yourself a good set of metric tools! You’re in for a wild ride!

:flipoff2: Welcome!

Well I gotta say… if you’re willing and able to steal a 2F motor straight outta someone’s garage you must really mean business. Hats off to the thief for pulling that one off, kinda..

Hope you’ve got yourself a good set of metric tools! You’re in for a wild ride!

:flipoff2: Welcome!
Haha definitely wasn't a one man job and the question is did they know what it was or had no idea just a (grab and go)

Haha definitely wasn't a one man job and the question is did they know what it was or had no idea just a (grab and go)
So it was all hooked up to the crane and still on a stand. Easy to pick and drop in a truck. And they took everything they could get there hands on. The guy lost the majority of his shop equipment. Really sad story.

There goes all your spare time for the next couple years.
Don't forget almost every question you'll face has invariably been encountered by someone here who kindly left the answer with pix!, or bread crumbs to the answer. Good luck and have fun!
Hahah, that’s what I’m anticipating.

Be careful ... here, the name FJ refers to the FJ Cruiser! Now you know ! ;)

So it was all hooked up to the crane and still on a stand. Easy to pick and drop in a truck. And they took everything they could get there hands on. The guy lost the majority of his shop equipment. Really sad story.
Man, what is with the North West? We hear so many stories of stolen land cruisers from the Portland/Seattle area. Like, an abnormal amount. Definitely keep that truck under wraps and when you get it drivable put some kind of GPS tracker or anti theft device in it. One of the best recovery stories we heard was from someone with a gps tracker that took the cops straight to the vehicle within a half hour. Good times…

FJs ^ :flipoff2:

more FJ help.... :flipoff2:

Congrats! The front seats are in remarkably great shape.

1. As mentioned already…although it is an FJ, don’t call one of these an “FJ”…heard there’s a Forum for those, dunno, never been there. Colloquially, it’s a ‘60’ or an ‘FJ60‘ or ‘the Cruiser’ or ‘the rough idling leaky sh!tbox mutherfawker I hate love more than my wife when she’s not looking POS’. Quiz tomorrow, Extra credit: edit thread title 😛

2. What’s the build/engine plan? Replace the 2F or do something nefarious? Looks like the trans and t-case are still in it. Lift, etc?

Looks nice, but needs a diesel and a 55 5speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom