Is this the correct engine mount?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These look nothing like my old front engine mounts but the catalog and toyota said it was the correct number? 1970 FJ40
B015A8D0-A6C0-4D43-8BE5-48D1FC925FB7.jpeg

6469AFD0-9187-4024-8D29-BF6F94DD0663.jpeg

Yes, this is the 2F engine mount. It superseeds the F version and works perfectly.

If you want to keep the original look of the F engine mount you have to go to aftermarket.

That are the newer style, they also have a built in safety as the top and bottom interlock so if it breaks your motor will not bounce around and destroy your fan and radiator.

That are the newer style, they also have a built in safety as the top and bottom interlock so if it breaks your motor will not bounce around and destroy your fan and radiator.

That's not entirely correct.
It will keep the motor from falling out of the mount....but will do nothing to keep the fan out of the shroud if the drivers side tears.

Ok, I guess I misunderstood what I have read about the newer mounts. I’ve broken 2 sets of the older round type and my motor never fell out just bounced around and trashed my radiator. I was planning on getting the newer mounts when I reinstall my engine that I have rebuilt.

Does anyone know the correct torque value for the newer front engine mounts? I can't find it in any of my manuals. I can guess but would rather have the true value.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom