Is this brake line suppose to be missing? Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I was doing my valve gaskets on the drivers side and was spending some up close time with the brake master and noticed that one of the lines is either capped off or was removed by the PO.. based on the photos below, can you tell me if this is supposed to be this way .....or was my PO just doing some shade tree mechanic work?

If it is suppose to be a brake line, where does it go/which one is it? Would toyota have the replacement?

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5801-1.jpeg

On 2000 and later each wheel has a separate line to master cylinder to support ATRAC and there would be a line to that port. I don't know what pre-2000 master cylinders look like, so it could be a later model hacked in there and that would not be a good thing.

On 2000 and later each wheel has a separate line to master cylinder to support ATRAC and there would be a line to that port. I don't know what pre-2000 master cylinders look like, so it could be a later model hacked in there and that would not be a good thing.

Got it -thank you. I think this maybe the case; I am going to try to see if anyone on the forum has a picture of a pre-2000 model LX470 brake master, as this may be the reason why.

@Skidoo - what could possibly go wrong with this setup? Meaning, am I alright to drive it for the time being, or should I be worried about particular consequences until I get this sorted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom