Is this a good buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am considering breaking into the land cruiser world with a 99 LC deluxe with 144k miles. It seems clean enough on the inside and in pretty good looking condition. The catch is it comes with a rebuilt title- a quick inquiry revealed it has a new grill, radiator, fan, and headlights from hitting a deer. I am also a little troubled by the lack of an under the hood photo, but the price seems very nice. I also notice there is a protective coating on the undercarriage, but am a little cautious since I don't know what was there before the coating.

Here is the link. 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser on KSL.com

What are your thoughts? besides the insurance hoops, would this be a safe buy considering the repairs, mileage, and condition?

Thanks!

Reasonable price for a clean title 100, but considering the rebuilt title, no way.

I wouldn't buy anything that has goop all over the frame unless there are comprehensive before and after pics. Rust and accidents are about the only things that kill land cruisers.
For that asking price you can do much better with some patience. Just my .02

I agree with everyone else so far: Keep looking. Too many variables that are hard to clear up (such as the undercoating and title) for the asking price.

You could buy mine for $9500

It has a clean title and no rust at all, but it is in Alaska....

I am considering breaking into the land cruiser world with a 99 LC deluxe..

What are your thoughts?

...it appears you would be breaking into a new & unfamiliar land cruiser world.. if you want a successful break in , study up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom