Is there a lower engine cover for the fzj? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was surfing around and found this page:
Suspension crossmember & under cover. Fits: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 4000CC | LaGrange OEM Toyota Parts
Part #51441
Does anyone have that installed on their truck? Mine doesn't have one.
Trying to figure out what it looks like?

engine cover.jpg

Thanks

I actually just took mine off the other day while trying to find a steering fluid leak. Looks pretty much like the illustration shows. Bolts in right above/behind the steering damper.

:lol: yep. I took mine off for some reason. Still sitting in the garage. (I will put back on someday)

Anyone have the first 5 numbers of those parts?

I too am missing my oil catcher.

indeed - want to identify if you have a front crank or oil pump cover leak -
simply look down from your rad to the "top" of the splash guard - tis shinny and wet - then there you go....
tis dry - well no leaky....

Bf

Alright... I kind of want to get one of these now. I fixed all the oil leaks and want to try and keep the area clean.
How many of those bolts do I need?

Four bolts for the front splash guard.

I haven't seen the side ones 51443 and 51444.. though do notice that it says 4000cc in the listing.. 1FZ is 4500 cc.

Here you go. Put it on a couple of years ago, obviously that is when the picture was taken. Shiney. I think the main purpose is to keep as much air as possible on the block from the fan, otherwise blows to the ground. :meh:

IMG_20140621_153904952.jpg

Here you go. Put it on a couple of years ago, obviously that is when the picture was taken. Shiney. I think the main purpose is to keep as much air as possible on the block from the fan, otherwise blows to the ground. :meh:

View attachment 1237485

Thanks, that was my thinking too... helps in cooling. The link I just posted above yours has the part listed in the "cooling system" section.

Cooling system part, makes sense then. On a side note I need to learn to post part numbers when I install factory items.

For future reference:

(1) Engine Under Cover (Splash Shield) 51441-60190
(4) Bolts/Washers 90119-08863

I picked one up from the part-out section awhile back. You can probably find a cheap one there if you don't want to order a new one. I'm pretty sure it is intended to help with the cooling system. I had a car when I was a kid that had something similar. It wasn't happy when you removed it.

Just installed the lower engine cover. Took 5 min.
20160424_173847.jpg

Nice. It took me a few minutes of playing Tetris to figure out how to get it in.

Nice. It took me a few minutes of playing Tetris to figure out how to get it in.
Yeah me too. I just unbolted the steering stabilizer frame bracket and installed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom