Is it a sin to ask about a Range Rover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It maybe a sin to speak of a Range Rover here, but the people on here know their s***, so I trust the advice a get here. Someone locally has a 1993 Range Rover for sale. 127k, needs a new head gasket. Asking $5k. Sound like a good deal, or a pass?
Thanks

I wouldn't take it if it were free, but then again, I've worked on more then a few British cars and never liked any of them so my opinion is bias.

'93, needs a head gasket, $5k, range rover, ha ha ha ha ha.

Madness.

cheers,
george.

I had an offer on a Range Rover when I found my LX450.

a buddy bought the RR, I got the LX.

He had more money in it then I’ve had today. It’s been a decade with a turbo install.

It maybe a sin to speak of a Range Rover here, but the people on here know their s***, so I trust the advice a get here. Someone locally has a 1993 Range Rover for sale. 127k, needs a new head gasket. Asking $5k. Sound like a good deal, or a pass?
Thanks
If RR is what you're after, and you wrench, could consider older than 93?

For what period of time have you been considering a range Rover? Help is available, you don't have to keep doing this to yourself. I've attached some important information to help:
Haha! I should clarify, explain my temporary insanity. This is to flip, Only. I’m a proud owner of a 94 FZR80.

1993 is a cross over year for a Rover Classic. Is it an SWB or a LWB. I believe the SWB had the 3.9 V8 and the LWB had the 4.2 V8 to make up for the added weight.

The 3.9 is considered more reliable when it comes to slipped liners. The biggest thing to consider on Rovers is RUST. The body panels are brimabright which is an aluminum alloy (except the hood, tailgate, and rear hatch). The body is a metal frame underneath.

If the Rover has extensive rust, it’s going to be extremely expensive to repair.

Guessing it might need “head gaskets”. Had a ‘93 RR before our 80 series. It was helping me to hone my mechanical skills to a true professional level. Finally sold it when my training was complete!

If you wrench on engines and the truck is rust free then probably a good candidate for a flip. Yes, I love them too and would like to have a clean, early classic with an LS1. They are very very problematic from everything I have ever read, discussed, or overheard about them. I think your average Toyota owner would loose his mind with one. Like cocaine and fast women, I have refrained from scratching that itch:)

Ended up with an ‘02 Disco that was super clean and super cheap. Used it as a DD. Worked on it plenty and it almost left me stranded once. But that ‘slipped sleeve’ thing mentioned above is an issue with the 4.0L V8 it had . . .and it was ticking. I just drove it that way. Put more than 30k on it over a year. It was nice and looked good. I’d say buy it if it’s what you want. But, you’ll definitely work on it.

Thanks
Pretty expensive for a boat anchor.

If you wrench on engines and the truck is rust free then probably a good candidate for a flip. Yes, I love them too and would like to have a clean, early classic with an LS1. They are very very problematic from everything I have ever read, discussed, or overheard about them. I think your average Toyota owner would loose his mind with one. Like cocaine and fast women, I have refrained from scratching that itch:)
Except the “average” Toyota owner isn’t a Land Cruiser owner. Typical Toyota owner is curious about which wheels fit, what’s covered under warranty and what’s the newest options.

Land Cruiser owners have a few more loose screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom