Ironman Torsion bar help.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
I got my new Profoam shocks, coils and torsion bars and....no instructions. Even online info is not clear.

Torsion Bars say LH and RH. I drive a US LHD 100 series. Is RH driver's side pr passenger for me?

Springs say N/S and D/S. I was told D/S was printed for Australia, but nothing in writing.

I am not good with..."I think it is".

Help with experience is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dukes

Measure springs - Longer spring goes on LH-DS.

I'll check my tb's in the morning and let you know which is which- unless someone chimes in earlier

I have just received the toughdog tbars and springs today as well.

Jason said put the taller spring the drivers side. One of my springs is 1/2" taller I would say bye balling it. Just to be sure I'll measure.

Tbar instructions for toughdog say there is a left and a right marked on the bar and that getting it reversed can cause sagging or breakage. Also my bars have a sticker to indicate which end goes toward the front.

On the instruction drawing it uses "D/S" and shows it in the right hand drive side (USA passenger) with clockwise rotation. It calls the other side "P/S" (USA driver) and anti clockwise rotation.

I understand that does not match your markings but hope it helps. If you want a photo of my instructions just let me know.

This is the drawing:
IMG_3908.JPG

The torsion bars are marked accordingly: RH goes on Right (passenger side) LH to Left side (Driver-US).

Good luck with the install

I got my new Profoam shocks, coils and torsion bars and....no instructions. Even online info is not clear.

Torsion Bars say LH and RH. I drive a US LHD 100 series. Is RH driver's side pr passenger for me?

Springs say N/S and D/S. I was told D/S was printed for Australia, but nothing in writing.

I am not good with..."I think it is".

Help with experience is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dukes

So how is everything?

Can I ask why Ironman vs OME or ToughDog?

Does anyone happen to know which way the Ironman torsionbar is? I mean not left and right, but front and back?

One end is stamped with an arrow, a "Z" (or "N?") and the leter "L" or "R".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom