Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0519.JPG

Newbie here from Pittsburgh.
Enjoy dual-sport riding (r1200 GSA) / exploring / motorcycle camping.
As my family has grown (10/8/5/1) needed to figure out a way to explore as a family.
Specifically, explore with my two boys whom love to camp and explore.

Purchased a stock 2013 LC (15k miles) last Fall and added some AT tires and basic recovery gear.
- Attended the Overland East Rally in Asheville last yr - as a novice 4x4 operator - I found the classes and off-road course very informative.

Great to see the PA-Keystone Cruiser - always looking for new places to explore.

Planning to get out to Rausch Creek this Spring and check out some of the trails (suitable for stock vehicles).

-Chris

Planning to get out to Rausch Creek this Spring and check out some of the trails (suitable for stock vehicles).

Hey Chris, welcome. Plenty of green trails at Rausch Creek, however you will get some pinstriping. So if that's not too much of an issue, we'll be glad to show you around. How do you like the 200? I've been toying with getting one as a DD.

I'm looking for somewhere to drive offroad, camp, enjoy great views, be as remote as possible, you know "pretend" I am in CO for a few days! It could be in another state as well, VA, WV, NY, etc.

Any ideas?

Not sure where else to ask for help, wrong thread yes, but.......?

Thanks,

Mac Kirkpatrick
FJ60, Crusher, anxious to go somewhere with a challenge

Not sure where else to ask for help, wrong thread yes, but.......?

Hi Mac,

Start a new thread in the main section down below, you'll get more response and it won't get buried up here. There are plenty of members here who can make some suggestions.

Greg

Gary, BK, Dozier, Matt and I just got back from a weekend in KY at the Daniel Boone National Park. A little longer drive but LOTS of open trails and good scenery. Dozier has been doing a lot of work to open trails and he's a great guide.

Just ran into a few KC members at AOAA yesterday. Looking to join your club. My name is Jon, originally from Jersey, moved to PA 24 years ago. Now live work in NJ and come back to PA on weekends. My current rig is my first Toyota, a 2011 Tacoma DCLB. A bit long for a trail rig, but I make it work. Was a big off-roader when I was younger in a CJ, then work and family got in the way for a few decades. Been back into it for just over a year, so truck mods continue.
I am a carpenter by trade, but my hobby is welding and fabrication. Made my own sliders, bed rack, shackle flip, etc. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Excellent! Glad to hear from you Jon. I am the guy that was driving the red taco on Saturday.

Did you guys find some interesting stuff in the afternoon?

We usually hit the trails on the second Saturday of the month. The big event of the year is the Gotham City Land Cruisers Coal Mine event at Rausch - coming up in July.

Take care,
Andy

Excellent! Glad to hear from you Jon. I am the guy that was driving the red taco on Saturday.

Did you guys find some interesting stuff in the afternoon?

We usually hit the trails on the second Saturday of the month. The big event of the year is the Gotham City Land Cruisers Coal Mine event at Rausch - coming up in July.

Take care,
Andy
Yeah. We played in the swamp and ended up in the culvert. I ended up flipping that flat Rock that one of you guys unearthed. I am in for Rausch in July. Going to be there for NE Toyota Takeover on July 31

Yeah. We played in the swamp and ended up in the culvert. I ended up flipping that flat Rock that one of you guys unearthed. I am in for Rausch in July. Going to be there for NE Toyota Takeover on July 31
Last NE takeover I was at was a disorganized mess. That was probably about 5 years ago. I didnt know if anyone still organised it or not. Same goes for EC4RJ. CMCC is the total oposite. Its really a class act event.

Last NE takeover I was at was a disorganized mess. That was probably about 5 years ago. I didnt know if anyone still organised it or not. Same goes for EC4RJ. CMCC is the total oposite. Its really a class act event.
I will definitely be there for CMCC.

I'm leaving PA tomorrow headed to Richmond VA to stay overnight at my daughter's place. Wednesday mrning headed down I-81 to Windrock should be there mid afternoon or so. I'm not taking wither of my land cruisers just gonna (hopefully!!!) find a seat with someone. I was the old guy in the yellow rain suit Saturday.

Hey Guys,

Looks like lots of new faces and names around here... I'll go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Rob and I have a Cruiser addiction! I've wheeled with some of the guys on here in the past. I have a mildly built LX470 and a 1977 FJ40. I also have a love for German and Italian cars but we probably shouldn't get too far into that. I just joined KC and look forward to wheeling with you guys soon!

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_4757.JPG

Wow, welcome (back) Rob!!!! Yeah Rob was one of the guys in the original club way back when Jeff Dozier got it started. It was long enough ago that most of my memories of wheeling with Rob were at Paragon! Welcome back into the fold this is a pretty good group of guys and we actually do get out on the trails regularly. have members in adjoining states, too- NJ, VA, MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom