Introducing my DIRTY LITTLE (Diva) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this years updates....

1. replaced radiator...come to find out had a hairline crack in the upper resevoir and was causing a slow slow slow leak. So that is fixed.

2. repacked front axles, greased all points.....and of course more oil changes, filter changes, etc.

3. replaced front windshield...first one I have ever seen that not only uses the glue and rubber gasket to hold in place...but it also has 4-6 rivets that hold a steel molding in place to keep glass in....talk about over kill. LOL No leaks on replacement...SafeLite did a good job but he took 90 minutes with drilling out rivets and replacing them afterwards...extra step he did not expect.

still not done snorkel, new roof rack, skid plates, rear cargo drawers or dual battery, new seat covers or leather replacements, steering wheel leather fix, new amp/speakers/wiring for stereo, etc....

tires have about 40,000 miles...about 25% remaining...lasted longer than I expected since I bought them immediately after buying vehicle in Summer 2010....definitely going to narrower Trail Grapplers or maybe Terra Grapplers. Every time I fill up I wish I had Terra Grapplers instead....every time I get in the mud I am glad I got Trail Grapplers especially with the rain we had this year...and I still got stuck. Two hours of winching using my Titan TW12 and I was out and free again.....haha Replace the remote control batteries yearly...mine finally died during middle of winching that day and had to plug in the manual control. hahaha damn batteries only lasted couple years. LOL

1413049983459.jpg
New seat covers. Not as nice as MetricTLC but didnt want to wait another month or two...so ordered from Leatherseats.com Not perfect match but well made and fitment is good. I got two front seats including console...headrests and armrests included. Now for drivers door handle and steering wheel.

Last edited:
View attachment 952101 New seat covers. Not as nice as MetricTLC but didnt want to wait another month or two...so ordered from Leatherseats.com Not perfect match but well made and fitment is good. I got two front seats including console...headrests and armrests included. Now for drivers door handle and steering wheel.
Great build thread, how much were the front seats?

$729 for the premium kit including shipping (both seats, headrests, console cover, armrests)...it is not the smooth leather like from Lexus and has a grain pattern on it...but I tried to get with MetricTLC but got tired of waiting. I did get hold of him a couple weeks before I got them installed but by then I already had the new seat covers and scheduled appointment. So figured since it was my offroad vehicle and not some prime stock all original Lexus I would not worry. Might do back seat this year to make it all match....and be done with it. :)

Items this year were fewer...as the rig is just plain reliable. Not that I am complaining...hahaha.

- replaced the starter with a new one and returned original for core. used same stock as Toyota originally did. What a chore to do it by myself...Bessinger helped with final placement of intake manifold on top after everything was complete.

- new brake pads and had rotors turned

- replaced the Sears Diehard Platinum battery I installed right after buying the truck in 2010. They no longer make or sell the Platinum version so got their next DieHard sold...spinning like a top.

*The timing belt will come up by end of year along with repacking the axle again. Otherwise it is just to continue fluid and filter changes. Likely need new tires in another 15 months...these Nitto Trail Grapplers have been the same ones I also bought in 2010 earlier in the thread. I rotate all 5 tires every 3-4k miles....and still have about 15% tread. :) Cant beat that after that many miles...nearly 60k.

Last edited:
Items this year were fewer...as the rig is just plain reliable. Not that I am complaining...hahaha.

- replaced the starter with a new one and returned original for core. used same stock as Toyota originally did. What a chore to do it by myself...Bessinger helped with final placement of intake manifold on top after everything was complete.

- new brake pads and had rotors turned

- replaced the Sears Diehard Platinum battery I installed right after buying the truck in 2010. They no longer make or sell the Platinum version so got their next DieHard sold...spinning like a top.

*The timing belt will come up by end of year along with repacking the axle again. Otherwise it is just to continue fluid and filter changes. Likely need new tires in another 15 months...these Nitto Trail Grapplers have been the same ones I also bought in 2010 earlier in the thread. I rotate all 5 tires every 3-4k miles....and still have about 20% tread. :) Cant beat that after that many miles...nearly 60k.

So how many miles you got now?

Not done the math to take into count the larger tires.... guessing around 230,000 She had 130k when I bought her in 2010. Still running like a champ.... Thinking of selling her in next couple or three months...and going back to a 60 or even an imported 70 series. ;)

Last edited:
Not done the math to take into count the larger tires.... says 220 with larger tires but guessing more like 190-195k when taking size of tires for mileage. She had 130k when I bought her in 2010. Still running like a champ.... Thinking of selling her in next couple or three months...and going back to a 60 or even an imported 70 series. ;)

Mine just turned 140k had 109K when I bought it in late 2012. Got everything finally baselined lifted, etc. with Slee's help at 120k miles. Now drive about 6k per year, so in 10 years I will be ready for another timing belt and water pump etc. I'll be old by then so if I'm still alive, this could be my last beast. But if I lived to be 100 years old, my 100 would still be running strong

Thinking of selling the DIRTY DIVA in a couple months or later this SUMMER. Sold wifes car a year or so ago and she has been happily DAILY DRIVING the Lexus but is ready for her own vehicle.

Once I get her in a newer vehicle will decide to sell/trade for a super clean FJ/HJ-6x or drive a few more months and save up for an imported HZJ-77.

I need to get power steering box seals as it is seeping fluid a little here or there when cold weather arrives.......almost time for front axle bearings to be re-packed and by end of summer will likely do the timing belt and water pump and call it good other than normal wear and tear items like fluid changes, tires in next year or so, and maybe do the snorkel.

If interested in her....keep in touch.

View attachment 952101 New seat covers. Not as nice as MetricTLC but didnt want to wait another month or two...so ordered from Leatherseats.com Not perfect match but well made and fitment is good. I got two front seats including console...headrests and armrests included. Now for drivers door handle and steering wheel.

Very nice. Is MetricTLC still in business? I was visiting their website now and the menu items don't show up, and their contact page does not work. Wanted to ask them a question if I can order just he armrests without getting the full seat cover package.

Took me 2-3 months to get answer before and I got tired of waiting...so ordered mine from a different vendor. Not heard from MetricTLC in over a year...perfect match but communication was hit or miss.

Well the past week did some more work on the DIVA.

- Timing Belt and Water Pump replacement
- New Amsoil oil and filter
- New wiper blades
- Repaired bad wire in door control for all windows
- Replaced pin locks for BumpItOffroad rear bumper swingouts

Then I sold her! LOL Yep, as of tonight she is SOLD!

JRMUDDER84 (John R) drove down with his father today and picked her up...though they went sight seeing on the way a little. I hope he enjoys her as much as I have over the years. At least I can see her at Uwharrie at Logans Run...now to find me another Land Cruiser since ShermanFJ62 wont sell me back my old 60. LOL

So if you know a sweet, clean, unmolested and well serviced FJ60 or HJ60/61...give me a yell.

Here she is right before pulling off for Durham NC tonight in the rain.
20160502_175236.jpg

Really nice LX you had, good luck with the 6x search.

Then I sold her! LOL Yep, as of tonight she is SOLD!

JRMUDDER84 (John R) drove down with his father today and picked her up...though they went sight seeing on the way a little. I hope he enjoys her as much as I have over the years. At least I can see her at Uwharrie at Logans Run...now to find me another Land Cruiser since ShermanFJ62 wont sell me back my old 60. LOL

So if you know a sweet, clean, unmolested and well serviced FJ60 or HJ60/61...give me a yell.

Here she is right before pulling off for Durham NC tonight in the rain.View attachment 1252170

Thanks man I truly appreciate it! And ya got just a "tad" lost. But we made it xD hope to see you soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom